Monday, December 8, 2008

A Few Lemons and a Cactus.

This weekend we were graced with the presence of Grandma Judy and Marks niece Jaders (aka Jade). Jade had never been to Arizona so we showed her a few of our Arizona favorites. We hit up the Midwestern Orchards for "just a few" lemons that we made into lemon pie and lemonade. YUM! Grandma filled her trunk FULL for everyone back in Utah. It was a beautiful day for fruit picking and we had lots of fun. Zina and Wilson have converted all the lemons at our house into balls and are constantly throwing them around. I just know that one of these days I'm going to find a rotten lemon behind the couch courtesy of Wilson.




We also go up early and headed to Thunderbird conservation park for a little hiking. We found a friendly cactus that needed a hug and when we got to the top of the trail we also found Santa!! We thought it was funny to find Santa at the top of our hike but didn't stick around for pictures because we had to get back for a little Elders Quorum flag football.




The reason behind Grandma and Jade's visit was Mark's White Coat Ceremony.  We left the kiddos with Brenda (bless you Brenda) and walked over to the Ceremony.  It was a fun evening and we were all proud to belong to Mark because we think he's pretty awesome! 



He gave us a tour of some of his labs and yes, this is the cadaver lab. We were all doing pretty good in there until one of the students uncovered his cadaver and started showing his family all the parts.  Needless to say - we left in a hurry!! 

7 comments:

'M's said...

Congratulations on the white coat Mark. Oh the pomp and ceremony. Looks like a lot of fun in Arizona! Merry Christmas

Criscell said...

How fun!! That's so great that you had family in town last weekend. Congrats to Mark on the White Coat! Lemon pie sounds delicious right now...

Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time in Canada and T-giving in UT. I love all the pics.

britni jean said...

way to go mark!!

Kim said...

So YUMMY! Now I want to go and pick a bunch of lemons and make something with them! I'm sure your lemon pie turned out so GOOD! I probably could only make lemonade, and even then...I'd probably screw it up some how:-)
And funny story about the cadaver lab! I can't believe that one guy did that!

The Lowry's said...

I need some of those lemons. I love anything lemon and can think of many things to make with FRESH lemons. Good thing I have lots of Christmas goodies to suffice! Merry Christmas!

Brenbren said...

Yes I am bless-ed! So, I have never been to the cadaver lab!?! What's up with that? I totally would love it! I know I am crazy, but I am way into the human body.

munyer jerk chicken said...

your december pictures are sooo different than our december pictures. i must say, that i'm preferring yours right now. congrats to mark. the white coat suits you well. miss you guys. and have a merry christmas if i don't make it back on to the computer before then (pajama pants still haven't happened... it's going to be a couple of very late nights).