Tuesday, September 15, 2009

4 years old!

I just had to start this post with this picture because it happens every single night. Zina doesn't like to eat her vegetables so she plugs her nose so that she can't taste them. This was a particularly disgusting one to get down. Zina is my opinionated Miss Stubborn, "I am only going to do what I want to do because I'm the boss of me!" She really brings a lot of entertainment and happiness into our home. I'm really glad that her birthday is mid-September because that means I get to spend 2 more years with this fireball before we have to think about school. Love you Zina Zee Zizzle!
I found the kids a combined birthday present on Craigslist and they were pretty excited. We set it up Sunday evening when it was sort of (100 degrees) cool enough to play outside.
So excited!


This made me laugh. So fun until Papa bounces so high that they bonk heads.
Monday morning. Zina requested pancakes with icecream for breakfast, crepes for lunch, and macaroni and cheese for dinner.
Birthday Girl
Zina wanted a Little Mermaid party, but since we were having both boys and girls we opted for a "under the sea" theme. Mostly we just played in the pool, the slip'n slide, and on the trampoline. The kids did go fishing for candy at one point. Zina was super excited for all her friends to show up and the party to begin. She woke up at 6am ready to go and kept asking when her friends would arrive. The party didn't start until 3pm. I tried to keep her busy helping me blow up balloons and make the birthday cake etc. I think she was pretty content when the day was over. I must say she had a pretty great birthday! Thanks everyone who helped us celebrate.


Happy Happy Birthday Zina! We love you.

1 comment:

The Lowry's said...

Nice job on her cake. Hilarious at how she plugs her nose to eat her veggies. I remember trying that once when I was young, didn't work. Never tried it again. Must work for her?
Cute idea to let her pick breakfast and lunch. I let her pick her dinner, but now the others. I like the idea of all the meals. makes it that much more special of a day. Thanks