Saturday, August 13, 2011

Wilson turns 4!!

Here is my smiling 4 year old enjoying pancakes and ice cream for breakfast!  We woke up and headed straight over for the canoe and fishing poles and then up to Payson lakes to fulfill all of Wilson's birthday dreams. :)


We invited all the family and it was a hot (albeit a bit windy) day. 
 Perfect for being at the lake. 
Wade and Wilson after a dip in the lake.
Jessa, Grandma Judy, Mark and Grandpa Jay.


I love this picture of Wilson getting ready to blow out his candles. Good thing he's got his goggles and a borrowed life jacket that is 3 sizes to small on. :)  Mark and I may or may not have been up until 1am the night before having fun making his birthday cake.  Mark's really good at making campfires real or not. :)
Yeah!  A new life jacket from Grandma Judy that actually fits!
We put it right to use and Wilson was brave enough to jump off the dock!!  Must be cuz he's 4. :)

Then all the cousins followed suit.  Here is Lincoln about to jump in with Mark.
Then Wade and Kate took the plunge.
We gave Wils a new fishing pole and so of course we did some fishing. :)
Can you find Sam?
We let Aunty Liz have a turn and then realized she didnt' have a fishing license...oops. That was also after she caught her fish. :)
Grandma & Grandpa enjoying the sun.
After all the cousins left we took our little family + liz back out on the canoe.  It was so gorgeous.  I love being on a mountain lake in a canoe with the hot sun beating down.  Such a great day.
I love Wilson



I really wanted this birthday to be really awesome for Wilson.  All the way up the canyon I kept praying "please don't let it be super crowded. please let there be room for us."  And when we got there we pulled front and center and got the perfect picnic table.  Then when we were canoeing I was praying "please let Wilson catch a fish, please let Wilson catch a fish!"
And that was when Wilson caught his first fish. ever.
on  his birthday!!

It just doesn't get better than that. ;)
Someone other than me loves Wilson very much.
Happy 4th Birthday Wilson!!






5 comments:

Alisha said...

I can't believe how big is he is!!! So cute and I just love that birthday cake!!

Brooke said...

I just caught up on all your blog updates. So fun! All your Canada pictures were beautiful. And it looks like you've had so much fun at Payson lakes. Someday we're going to have to make it up there. (Troy's so disappointed I've never been :) Glad your new house is good and that you guys seem to be doing well! Can't wait to see pictures of Zina's first day of school. :)

Rachel Chick said...

Ah! So sweet! I'm so glad that his birthday turned out so wonderful. And I don't know if I ever told you, but if we'd had a boy, I was going to name him Wilson and nickname him Wils. It was my great grandpa's name. So I love your boy and I love his name and I love the cake that you guys made. Very cool. :)

RayHome said...

Fisherman forever!!! It is in his blood now!

Rachael Spencer said...

Becca: Just a few things--Your kids are adorable, you are stunning, your camera is awesome, and that cake is totally going to be copied by me someday. Or an attempt will be made. Payson Lakes is a beautiful place--you need look no further! Although of course any and every canyon in your area is gorgeous. Which ward are you in in S.F.? James and I were in the 9th ward for a time when we were first married. The 1/2 marathon? Well, I am sure you know what you're doing and you will probably blow me out of the water with your time. My advice is to do it with someone if possible, and if not, just enjoy being alone for 2-ish hours. :-) good luck!