Thursday, December 8, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree 2011!

Now that we have mountains in our backyard we resumed our tradition of hiking into the wilderness and cutting down a Christmas tree. I failed to secure us a tree tag early enough so we ended up having to drive to Price to get one but it was worth it.  Beautiful drive, almost perfect kids... :), yummy picnic sandwiches, eggnog cookies, and Christmas music...we were SO ready to find the perfect tree.  On our way back up Spanish Fork Canyon it started to snow and by the time we were up into the Uinta national forest where we could cut down a tree the snow was really coming down.  
It was beautiful and perfect.  


Sam inherited Zina's purple snow pants...I've been meaning to dye them black but haven't got around to it yet. :)
If you look closely you will notice I have 5, 5!! cold sores.  I think my immune system took a hit with my lack of sleep over our Arizona trip.
Cutting down our tree!


We had a hard time finding the right kind of pine tree. So while Mark went hunting through the mountains the kids and I found shelter under a giant evergreen and pretended we were orphans that had run away.  It was fun to see the kids eyes light up with imagination.  And equally fun to hear their squeals and giggles when Papa came tromping through the snow to find our hiding spot. :)




The baby always gets to ride the tree back to the vehicle. :)
This was my attempt at a Christmas card picture of the kids. 
Ya right mom.  Although I LOVE the smiles that Sam and Zina are sporting. :)
Wilson thought it would be cool to be doing a ninja high-yah for our Christmas card this year. 

And Wilson got the honor of putting the star on top!
We're calling our tree "Scrawny Johnny"after Uncle Johnny whom we all love and adore. :)
I think it's actually my favorite tree of all time. :)


1 comment:

Charlotte, Mardy and Raven said...

I loved that you played orphans. It totally reminds me of our childhood playing together.