Sunday, September 8, 2013

Wilson's Birthday + Camping 2013

Somewhere amidst the crazy summer my Wilson turned six.  I think his birthday always lands right in the middle of a camping trip.  We paused our camping long enough to celebrate Wilson, and attend the Louisville temple.  It actually worked out just fine because all Wilson wanted to do was go to Chuck E. Cheese and go swimming.  The Chuck E. Cheese was a hard pill for me to swallow.  I loath places like Chuck E. Cheese.  But..... I love my Wilson so we went and the kids had a great time.  I had to take a couple of deep breaths in order to survive but came out relatively unscathed.  Now I just have to get Sammy to forget that such a fun place exists so that I don't have to go again in April. :)
The staff at the Marriott we stayed at in Louisville was so sweet.  When they found out it was Wilson's birthday (they saw Mark walking in with star wars wrapped boxes.) , they gave him and Sammy surprise treat bags and then later brought up balloons and a little present for Wilson.  It made Wilson feel extra special and I was grateful since I was feeling a little bad that this was kind of a birthday party on the fly and that he didn't get a cool star wars cake like he wanted. (just one that cost a million dollars from cold stone!)









 August 6th!! 
Birthday breakfast of campfire scrambled eggs, hot chocolate and crispy bacon. 
Plus he got to open one present. :)












 I forgot that Mark got him a Darth Vader Pez dispenser....that may have been the favorite and most coveted of all the birthday presents. :)



He was very happy with his presents which included dart guns, star wars Lego's, operation R2D2, and his favorite flying airplanes. 
The kids had fun flying them around the church while Mark and I took turns in the temple. 

And I suppose I shouldn't feel to bad since Wilson does LOVE camping!

 Brown County State Park, Indiana

 Louisville Temple, Kentucky

Mammoth Caves National Park, Kentucky.

I can see Wilson growing everyday.  He is still my sensitive little soul, and such a great helper at home.  He loves loves loves his little brother Davey and is very good at taking care of him.  I am loving every minute of homeschooling him.  I am so grateful that he is not gone all day for Kindergarten.  I know without a doubt that homeschooling him this year was the right thing to do.  Him and Sammy spend hours playing make believe and they love "table time"  because they get to chew gum and do their work.  Wilson is learning to read and is so nice to read me a book everyday!  It's not his favorite thing in the world, and I can't wait until he gets better at it so that the wonderful world of reading will open up to him.   He's very good at math and seems to grasp number concepts quickly. Wilson's most favorite thing in the world is Star Wars Lego's.  His top four favorite foods are 
1. Beef Stroganoff
2. Chips and Salsa
3. Sunday Dinner 
(roast chicken w/ mashed potatoes)
4.Macaroni & Cheese

I sure do love my Wilson.  That Wilson smile melts my heart. Every time.


1 comment:

RayHome said...

Yup, melt's mine too!