Thursday, August 28, 2008

So behind.  We are finally here in Arizona and loving it.   We are trying to get our place set up and make it feel a little like home.  I have so many things I want to post about, but NO time to do it. Wilson's first birthday, playing in Utah, the rest of our panama trip, the move, AZ, holy moly I'm behind.  

A few thoughts from the last few days.

Before we moved from Canada I would have moments of panic.  I had gotten really used to having Johnny, Attena, Adam, Mark, Liz, Grandma, & Grandpa ALL around to help play and keep the kiddos happy.  I was worried about handling it all on my own again.  Since then I have had some sweet moments that have reminded me how much I love being a Mom.  Excuse the example - but Wilson has had a bit of the runs lately and last night he was getting a bad rash and woke up it seemed like every hour.  I changed him twice in the night and then  5am he woke up crying again.  Part of me was groggy and grumpy but the other part didn't care at all.   When I put him in the cool bathwater at 5:00 I got a big sweet toothy grin and it was the best feeling in the world.  I sat there playing with him while he giggled and splashed.  I was overcome with the greatness of motherhood.  I don't really know how to put into words how thankful I am that I get to have the best job in the world.   That little toothy grin was just the tender mercy I needed.


1 comment:

Rachel Chick said...

WOW! It's been a REALLY long time since I've checked your blog! Since I don't get feed, I somehow forgot!

It's been fun to read through all of your posts! You're having some grand adventures to be sure - Panama?! Wow! How exciting! I decided to comment on this post because I think it's my favorite. Thanks for sharing such a sweet experience. I love reading your words - you are such a wonderful example to me. I'm so thankful for so many of the blogs that I read that are so uplifting and encouraging to the great work that we do as mothers. There seem to be less and less women in the world that truly understand, appreciate, and love the role of a mother. Thanks for your sweet words. I appreciated them today.