Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Zina

Last night Mark came home for dinner around 5:30. Since it is finals week we had Family Home Evening Sunday night so that Mark could study. After dinner he said we could have him until 7pm. We were so excited! We spent an hour playing hide and seek (it really is a lot of fun). Towards 7pm after I had found Zina and we were looking for Mark and Wilson, Zina said to me, "I know just where they are. If you look all over the place & you missed somewhere THAT'S where they are!!"

Every night Zina makes us close her closet doors. One night Mark asked her why and she replied, "I'm just scared of the things that aren't real in there."

Love that girl.

On a side note check out my rain gutter bookshelf. I LOVE it. I actually put up another one on the other side of the craft drawers. No more clutter on the playroom floor and all the coloring books are easy access for my cute kiddos! Thank you blog world for the fabulous idea. I totally recommend this cheap alternative.
p.s. If you can't tell the picture of Zina is a self-portrait. Did I mention I love her. She is tender, bossy, sensitive, giggly, opinionated, and SWEET!

6 comments:

jeremy and steph said...

Isn't it funny how during finals week when your husband says he'll spend any amount of time with you, it pretty much sends you straight to cloud nine!??! ONE more test!!!...then 16 days of FREEDOM! (If you can't tell...I am excited!)
Anyway, I love the rain gutter bookshelf idea. I will probably just have to steal that idea...like I steal many of your ideas :) Maybe you could send me the blog link where you found it at the same time you are sending me the focaccia and pumpkin bar recipes :)

Rachel Chick said...

LOL! Your girl is awesome! I love her hide and seek comment. Reminds me of how Nels always laughs at the saying "it's in the last place you look" --- duh. Of COURSE it's in the last place you look! You don't keep looking after you find it. :)

Your girl is adorable and her portrait is awesome! Hope that you are feeling well with your little bebe!

Angela said...

Love your bookshelf idea. Where'd you find it?

britni jean said...

great self portrait zina! becca, i love your playroom! it looks so fun and cute! great bookshelf idea! and i love your art wall hanging thing, great idea too. i've just been taping things to the wall. i might have to try your idea out!

munyer jerk chicken said...

what? what? what? i didn't know you are pregnant! and i just did a quick read through your blog looking for the details, only to find your cute little "baby thomas" sidebar thingy when i finished. but now i'm all caught up (just don't get much computer time these days!). congratulations! thank you, as always, for inspiring me in so many ways.

The Lowry's said...

I love your playroom. I also love the idea of the closeline thing for all the art pictures. Our fridge is cluttered with pictures and this closeline thing is the perfect solution. Now I don't have to throw so much of her art work away so soon. Thanks for posting the picture. Also, love the self portrait. Good work Zina