Friday, November 20, 2009

Puerto Penasco, Mexico

Mark and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary in October, but Mark's TWO week break for Thanksgiving started last week. So for that 5 year anniversary we headed down to Mexico for a little relaxation. Thanks Mom & Adam for being the best babysitters ever!

We stayed at the Sonoran Spa Resort and pretty much had the whole place to ourselves since it is off-peak season. Which also meant that a few restaurants weren't open but since the hotel "room" included a kitchen, bedroom, and living room, we headed to the local Ley's grocery store and made our own yummy breakfasts every morning.
Look at all those tourists on the beach with us. Oh ya, there weren't any. It actually took a little getting used to. All those big resorts and no one there. It was a little eerie at first.



Mark loves the Ocean. It might be his first love - along with me, mexican food, and football.

I have to admit. I have a hard time doing foreign. It takes me a while to adjust (especially when I'm pregnant). I just worry about everything! Safe drinking water, getting the car stolen, swine flu. Our first night there our waiter is chatting with us and says, "I spent all morning taking care of my 11mth old son who as the flu." Sweet. Just what I wanted to hear. Although, I'm pretty sure we have just as good a chance catching the flu in Arizona. :)
I felt like a did a relatively good job of squelching my worries and relaxing and enjoying my sweet honey, the beach, the sun, and no kids.
We are definatly going back with the kids though. They would LOVE it. I say we all go during next term break. Any takers Arizona friends?
Here is your first belly shot. Taken at 2o weeks. Half-way there!
Thanks for the great trip Mark. I love you!

P.S. When we got home we walked in the house and called for our kids. The response from both kids was, "what?"
I think that must be a sign of good babysitters. :)

10 comments:

Charlotte, Mardy and Raven said...

You should have titled this one "The Fabulous Life of Mark and Rebecca Thomas".

Send your mom over this way, I could use some time at that resort. It looks like you had a fantastic time. By the way you look awesome.

RayHome said...

How come mark looks so bald in these pictures? I always thought he only had the double cul-de-sac goin on, not tha mall parking lot!

Thomas Family said...

Huh, I never noticed. Must be love. :)

CGibb said...

You look so cute Becca! Can you believe you are going to be a mother to 3? When did we get old enough for this?

Brenbren said...

yes please! It looks so beautiful there! I am so glad you go to go and have time with just the 2 of you!

Angela said...

Okay, way jealous of your trip! And we named the baby Jane Lillian.

Jennyanne said...

What a fun trip! You are a pretty fabulous looking pregnant lady Mrs. Thomas : )

Brenbren said...

You don't know the girl who had the baby. She just moved into the ward. She is living with her parents and is my visiting teaching partner!

The Lowry's said...

Wow, how fun. I hear you about the foreign thing especially being pregnant. And by the way you look completely amazing! Half way there and you are so small especially for baby #3. And yes, you do have an amazing mom.

Criscell said...

FUN!! I'm jealous!!