Thursday, January 19, 2012

Favorite Places

  It rained all last night and when we woke up this morning it was just...springish.  On January 19th?  Hey, I'll take it when I can get it especially when hometown Canada is pretty much Antarctica.  After Zina got home from school we got all the essentials out of the way like snacks, piano, snacks, fighting, snacks etc.  and headed to one of our favorite places around here - the river bottom trail.  It felt SO awesome to be outside.  The kids (well Zina and Wilson - Sam slept the whole time) got their hearts pumping and it was really beautiful and wonderful.  Just one of those moments where it is so great to be alive and healthy and with the ones you love and surrounded by God's beauty.  I got some fun experimenting done with my new camera too so sorry if this is to many pictures.  :)


 They found a puddle of melting ice/snow and we spent the next 10 minutes playing it. 




 Then we found an ice patch and 
Super Wilson was trying his hardest to jump and crack it..to no avail.


 Totally zonked.
 I love the mountains.  Sure wish I knew how to work my camera so they were clearer. :) 
Aperture to low?
 Still working on that ice patch.


 Did I mention we love the river bottom trails?

5 comments:

Mike and Emma said...

Is that the Provo River trail? We love the River trail as well! Where do you guys live? It looks like that stretch is not far from where we live. We're like 2 blocks from it in West Provo, just west of Geneva Rd.

jeremy and steph said...

Becca, love the pics! Looks like you guys had a great time!
Haha, I just went to a photography class today. The higher the aperture the greater the depth of field (i.e. it will be clearer further out...so your mountains would be crisp) I think you are doing great with it! How fun!!

britni jean said...

becca!! i just love you! your new family picture is fantastic! and i like all your pictures. i haven't been to your blog for awhile. i wish i had time to read about everything you have been doing. but it was fun to take a peak at all the pictures. i think i was able to catch up. that's awesome that you and mark were able to go to new york! how fun!! i love that zina looks like my girls! they dress exactly alike. so cute! p.s. did i mention i like all your pictures! someday we will hang out again! good luck with your new camera!

RayHome said...

Becca there is also a way to make the camera focus on only certain parts of the picture. You have to set it to make everything in focus

Brian and Emily said...

I love to see all the pics on your Blog Becca, you have the cutest kiddos! I am slowly counting down the weeks until my little girl arrives. So excited to do the newborn thing one last time! Can't say I'll ever get to 7 or 8 for that matter(kids I mean). I am old and tired!! Your family picture is beautiful as are you! Love ya~ You are living in Utah now?