Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Snails Pace

I feel like things the last little while have been slow and uneventful.  But I'm not complaining.  I've been enjoying every moment of it.  This time of year always seems to slow down for us - call it mundane but I like to call it restful.  We have had time to just stay home and enjoy each other.  

The one snowfall so far.  Ok maybe the 2nd. 
 This was the right year to move to Utah. :)


She's mad that there are only two shovels.
And then I told her not to smile. :)



Family Night treat. 
 It's a staple around here as long as it's Costco ice cream. :)
We've been spending lots of time in the craft corner.
When Zina gets home from school she begs me to have more school after lunch.
And we always do. :)


We had to take Wilson and Papa bowling with us.
Next time we will go back to the Provo Beach resort.
The atmosphere makes all the difference


A new favorite past time.  The kids are getting pretty good.
And our other favorite place
The playroom.
It's always a disaster.
 But that makes me happy because it means my kids are in there playing with their toys.  
Building, make believe, trains, reading etc. 

And it's always extra special when Aunty Liz will play with you. :)




Another favorite.  
 Whenever we go it makes me miss home where it is WAY cheaper. 
But the kids love it (and so do I) so we keep going.





Lately I have been trying to follow Liz' advice and live in the moment.  With so many changes happening in the next couple of months it's hard not to get impatient for them - (like finding out where we are going to live for the next 4yrs!)  But it's also been so great to be here that I am trying to soak it all up.  The mountains, being so close to family, our cute little house (it's my favorite so far)  living SO close to both my sisters (I've been waiting for that to happen for 7yrs!!)  And really when I think about it I am so content and happy to be right here right now. 

3 comments:

Attena said...

Idaho's really not that close... I wish it was closer...

Attena said...

ps. your hair looks super cute like that with it up.

Brooke said...

Such cute pictures as always. I can't wait to find out where you guys are headed!!! You must be dying to know. Such suspense. I'll be stalking your blog regularly :)