Thursday, November 29, 2012

Mark's 30th birthday.

We got back from Oklahoma on Sat. afternoon and Monday was Mark's 30th birthday.  We managed to get through Sunday with some freezer meals I made before Davey was born but by Monday morning we had no milk, eggs, bread, produce....you get the picture.  Mark had requested crepes with Thomas filling, and chicken tacos with limes, cilantro, and fresh salsa for dinner.  So 5am Monday morning found me wandering the aisles of walmart with Davey in the moby wrap. (I couldn't risk him waking Mark up - it was his birthday after all!)  I am here to tell you that 5am in the morning is my new favorite time to go grocery shopping.  I'm serious.  It's really difficult to coordinate with Mark's schedule and I often find myself in the grocery store with all 4 kids.  No longer my friends.  No longer.  :)

Mark invited us to the hospital to have lunch with him at the Sky cafe.  The kids loved it.  Especially when we let them ride the elevator twice! Haha.  While eating lunch Mark decided he wanted coconut cheesecake for his birthday cake.  So....I ended up going to the store with all four kids anyways.  Oh well.  At least the birthday dinner was a great success.  The lime coconut cheesecake was SO worth the extra trip.  Seriously, I'm salivating just thinking about it.

For his birthday we got Mark 24 bags of his favorite tortilla chips.  He discovered them right before we moved from UT and they don't sell them in Michigan.  So we ordered them straight from Juanita herself. :)  Shipping 24 bags of chips was not cheap.  But we are all enjoying it now - the boxes say "crazy good chips" on them and I have to admit they are really good especially when toasted a bit in the toaster oven.  Should we ever have to live off our food storage we will have plenty of chips and salsa. 
:)
Zina and Wilson made 30 hearts with reasons they love their dad written on them.  Then when he got home they decided they should be taped all over Mark.....so funny and cute!

I had Wilson take pictures.  He was pleased he got one of Dad blowing out his candles. 

The kids have been working on a birthday song for Mark for about 2mths now.  It was so cute to watch them sing it.  After I recorded it Mark's phone said it didn't have enough space to save it. Bummer. 
When I get around to it I will make them sing it again for history's sake!

Welcome to the 30 club honey!
We love you!


No comments: