Sunday, April 7, 2013

Easter & Conference

Easter came...and went.... without any nice pictures of us on Easter Sunday or doing Easter-ish things at all.  But here is proof that we did do something!
The kids loved dying Easter eggs this year.  We did them for FHE the Monday before Easter and then the next day they did even more because they loved it so much.  
I also enjoyed reading scriptures with the kids and watching the LDS bible videos about the Savior's life with them all week long.  I felt like it really helped us to tune into what Easter is really about. 
Sat. we enjoyed the ward Easter egg hunt and we 
had a great time at the Mills house for Easter dinner and I wish I had gotten a picture, but oh well.  Pictures were just not happening that weekend.  The Easter bunny came Monday morning and by about noon ALL of Sammy's candy was gone.  Amazing.  He didn't even get sick!



I love General Conference weekend.  It was such a blessing that even though Mark has been working SO much lately he was miraculously able to be home all day Sat. and almost all of Sunday.  It was nice to be home as a family and to be edified by the Prophet and Apostles.  The kids did so great playing conference Bingo, legos, and coloring.  Even Sammy would shout out "I heared Missionawy Wowk!"  A couple times I heard him scoff and say, "We don't keep HIS (referring to the speaker) commandments! We keep Heavenwy Fathew's commandments!"    I am so grateful to be a part of this marvelous work and wonder!

No comments: