Thursday, April 18, 2013

Sammy is 3!

Oh how we love our little Peanut.
Sammy has been asking about his birthday since last fall when everyone else in the family had their birthdays.  Poor boy!  I think the next baby will have to be a spring baby like Sammy was.  Sammy is a very intense little boy.  He always has been.  He can be silly, but also has a mature level of responsibility/seriousness for one so little.  When walking the halls of the church he is always reverent - with arms folded and sober face.  He always says, "excuse me Mama," when he wants my attention.
"excuse me Mama, can I sit on the floor?"
"excuse me Mama, I need to go pee."
"excuse me Mama, can we go home now?"

His serious little face is hard to say no to. :)
He is naturally obedient and loves to snuggle up to Mama in bed. 
He is scared of lots of things - from spiders, to the dark, to the ogre in "Little Einsteins."
He is deathly, ear-split screaming, afraid of the ogre.

Sometimes I wonder if homeschooling has been hard on my little Sammy. 
I feel like I am always teaching the older ones and Sammy is always saying, 
"excuse me Mama, what do I do now?"
And I just want to hug him and say, "Sammy, you get to play!"
But he doesn't want to play. 
He wants to do school because he wants to be with me.
So I've learned that I have to schedule in play time for my Sammy.
Story time
Train time
Imagination time

He loves to be Peanut the mouse.
He loves to sing Darth Vader's theme song, "Da da da da da"
When he has an idea he sticks one finger up in the air and raises his eyebrows.
so cute.
He is a super picky eater and as a result is our skinny little "peanut."
He actually loves lots of different foods but if any of it has a black speck or anything that he doesn't like on it he refuses to eat it. 
I am always SO happy when he actually eats dinner and often find myself feeding both him and Davey at the same time.
Sammy's birthday breakfast was German pancakes with kiwi and strawberries.  Sammy LOVES strawberries!
He got to open his presents from Zina and Wilson. 
His very own flashlight from Zina and "guns like Owens" from Wilson.

He helped me decorate his birthday cake.
And then when it was time to eat it he didn't want to eat it!! He wanted to PLAY with it!!!

Wilson helping light our 3 candles.

Sammy's current obsession is Lightning McQueen and Mater. :)  He LOVES his "tow-mater" that Grandma Nancy gave him and he has worn his Lightning McQueen shirt from Grandma Judy almost every day!
Oh how we love our Sammy. I can't imagine life without him.
He makes us giggle all the time at the adorable things he says and I even catch Zina and Wilson watching him with a twinkle in their eyes saying things like,
"Sammy is just SO cute!"
We love you Sammy boy.  
Happy 3 years old!!

3 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

What a great kid! I LOVE three year olds and you make some darn cute ones. I love all his little quirks!

Marilyn said...

Oh that cute little munchkin!! I laughed out loud at the cuteness in this!! I just want to give him a big love!!

britni jean said...

Awesome cake!! I love that he didn't want to eat it because he wanted to play with it! I also liked that it was a number 3!! So cool. Happy birthday Sammy!