Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Mesa & Las Vegas

So Mark's first two medical school interviews were in Las Vegas at Touro University and A.T. Still University in Mesa, AZ. We found some cheap tickets to Vegas so we decided to take the whole family. We had so much fun. Zina was a little skeptical that our airplane would fly with all those people on it... :) Thank goodness it did. We picked oranges off of REAL orange trees which was a huge novelty to me. I'd never seen an orange tree - for some reason they don't grow in Rexburg, Raymond, or Alaska. We were able to stay with my cousins in Vegas and my dads cousins in Mesa. It was fun to catch up with long lost relatives and forego boring hotels. We visited both temples and had a little picnic at the Mesa temple. It was beautiful weather that we enjoyed SO much after being up in the cold north. We were exhausted when we got home but sure did enjoy a little time having fun and to top it all off Mark was accepted to Touro University on Friday! Hurray, we are so proud of him! He has three interviews left and we are excited about making a decision about where we will be for the next four years.
ps. I'm having issues posting pictures. I will get them up as soon as the computer will let me!

7 comments:

Travis and Kamala Sloan said...

Congrats on the acceptance to Touro! Were the oranges really tough to peel? -Travis

Travis and Kamala Sloan said...

So out of those tow which did you guys like best? Its gonna be fun to have Mark here.
-Kamala

Heidi Michelle said...

Hey, Vegas and Mesa? how fun! And you went to the temple in mesa? You were about 1.2 minutes from my brother, hans's, house! YOu should have visited! And there is a guy in my physical science classes from Raymond. But I don't know his name. I'll ask him later. What's your maiden name? Perhaps you know each other!

Brownies said...

Becca! Touro in Vegas???!!! WE ARE HERE! Come live with us! I love you!

Angela said...

Congrats on getting accepted! Sorry we didn't get a chance to hang out while I was in AZ, but now that you have my number, give me a call the next time you're in UT. Where else are you interviewing?

Rachel Chick said...

How exciting! I go the chance to take a trip down to Phoenix for New Year's! Nice, eh? I also really enjoyed the oranges and playing ball outside on the first of January! Starts making you rethink living in the beautiful, frigid, mountainous, North, doesn't it?

Alisha said...

Awesome! Congrats! Enjoy that warm weather!