Sunday, October 19, 2008

a few thoughts...

Thursday was our fourth anniversary and today is my 26th birthday.  I have so enjoyed the week.  As I sat in Sunday School and Relief Society today (thanks to my wonderful husband for chasing Wilson through the meeting house hallways) I felt so grateful for a few specific things.  The first being my Mark.  

Where to begin.  How do you put into words something that just keeps on getting better.   I spent a lot of time fasting and praying to know whether or not I should marry Mark - the Lord blessed me in his infinite mercy with the knowledge that my desires to marry Mark were righteous and good.  I have never regretted that decision and am so grateful for a tender husband who respects me and loves me and supports me.  Since being here in Arizona I have grown to appreciate his efforts to be a good husband and father even more.   He is a complete perfectionist and being a perfectionist in medical school makes for a lot of pressure, but he always makes time to come home to eat dinner as a family and then get down on the floor to play with the kids, and visit with me before hitting the books again.  It is my favorite time of day.  I love to make delicious meals and then hear the words, "Mmmm, this is GOOD Mama!"  

That leads into the second, I have been so blessed to truly love the work in my home.   I love being home with Zina and Wilson - singing, dancing, cooking, cleaning, playing, crying, hugging, teaching, learning, etc. etc. etc.  There is so much to feel and so much room for growth within the walls of my home. 

And thirdly, I am grateful for a tender 3 yr. old who is learning and growing up so quickly.  Today the nursery leader told me a cute story about Zina that made my heart swell with pride.  She said one of the little boys was having a bad day and crying (sobbing) because he didn't want to be in nursery that day.  Zina went over, sat beside him, and held his hand through the whole nursery class to help him feel better.  She has always been concerned when she sees others suffering.  I think she was more upset with Wilson's shots a few weeks ago then he was.  She teaches me so much every day.  I love my Zina Zee.

Last but not least - my rambunctious Wilson Boy.   He is learning to climb and jump faster than I thought possible.  His favorite game is to climb up on the couch and then leap off onto whatever is on the floor.  Yesterday it was just the floor and he did a great big belly flop. Ouch.  He cried for a while and then wanted to do it all over again.  He makes me laugh so many times a day with his big slobbery kisses and toothy grin.  If I'm having a bad day I just need my Wilson Meds.  

Because of all this and so much more, I'm pretty sure that I am the luckiest person alive. 

8 comments:

Criscell said...

What a sweet post. You are one great mom, Becca, that's all I can say! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!! Hope you had an awesome day! Oh, and Happy Anniversary too! Wish I would have known and I would have offered to watch your kids so you two could go out. I still can if you want to...

veryterry said...

Well, Happy Birthday! Thank you for always reminding me what a blessing it is to get to be at home. And for giving me such good ideas of fun things to do with Lisa! She definitely teaches me a lot every day and makes me laugh. It's so fun to see how much everyone's kids are growing up. Zina and Wilson are so cute.

Kim said...

Happy (late) Birthday Becca! And congrats on 4 years! Hubbies and kids are the greastest, and I'm so blessed to have mine too:-) Hope this week was as good as late week was for you!

The Lowry's said...

Aww, Love your thoughts. Thanks for the nice thankful post.

Rachel Chick said...

What a sweet post. Thanks for your words of gratitude . . . I was REALLY needing a reminder just now. :) And happy belated birthday!!

Travis and Kamala Sloan said...

Oh Happy Birthday. I wish we were there to see you guys. When I see your pictures I think I go through Zina withdrawls. We miss you guys so much. You should come and visit. It acutally isn't too bad. The colors are still changing and the air is crisp. I love how everything is still green. We did get a little bit of rain last night so that makes it a little chilly but not too bad. We should plan something.

Angela said...

Necklace is done, Birthday-Girl! Please kindly email me your address so I can ship it!

Brian and Emily said...

What a beautiful post of all that is good in your life. Hope you had a wonderful birthday and a fabulous anniversary. Family truly is everything isn't it! Love ya Bec