Sunday, June 28, 2009

Canada overload

This is a bit much, so if your not in the mood don't bother. It's for me not you. :)


Our cancelled flight meant that we got into Calgary at midnight and then home to Grandpa's farm at 4am. The kids were troopers and were SO excited to see everyone at the airport. Zina did a flying run into Grandma's arms. Here she is with Uncle Johnny and Uncle Adam.

And even though we've been having a fabulous time we sure do miss our Papa. Here is Wilson talking to Mark all the way from Guatemala. (I'm hoping that Mark will update on that little trip - cross your fingers. He says he doesn't blog..)

The night after getting in at 4am we decided to make ourselves more tired by attending the Raymond 4th ward campout. This was the waterslide at it and even though it was obviously chilly outside Uncle Johnny and his friends sure made good use!

Grandpa and Wilson sharing a cup of hot chocolate.


Wilson and I had a rousing game of Rugby. He loved it.


It sure is nice to have all these people playing with my kids. I've read my fair share of books, slept in, and gone shopping!

Aunty Attena spent a 1/2 an hour playing with Wilson's hair before church. He looks so cute!


After church we headed over to visit Great Grandma Doris and Great Grandpa Shem. Zina wasn't shy at all. She just ran in and threw her arms around Grandma. I think it made Grandma's day.

Visiting in Grandma's cozy little sitting room.


Grandma and my cute little sister, Attena. She's amazing but more on that later. I think I might have to dedicate a whole post on Attena.

Attena, Grandma Doris, Me, Grandpa Shem
Grandpa. He's 99 and still fiesty. He didn't want us to take this picture because he was already dressed for bed in his bathrobe. He'll be 100 in December!

We had Great Grandma and Grandpa Keeler over for family home evening. I caught Grandpa reading to the kids. I somehow missed getting a picture of Grandma. Good thing I have four days left.


Zina and Attena dressed up and asked for a photo shoot. I have some pictures from about 10 years ago that are very similar - only it's Me, Attena and Liz dressing up. I'm going to try and dig them out and post them

This is my mom's wedding dress. I used to LOVE dressing up in it.

Cute Zina Zee

My mom's amazing - don't worry I returned the favor yesterday.

And while I was getting my feet rubbed my children ate raw noodles. I'm a good mom.

Here I am supervising the creation of....

Adam and Attena's masterpiece.

Litte boys love mud! Grandma's sandbox is quite the sandbox.


I like this picture because of the people in it but also because of the field behind the yard that stretches on forever. I really really love the prairies. Sorry Phoenix. I'm not sure you'll ever win my love.

7 comments:

Thomas Family said...

Isn't my wife cute, not just cause of her blogging but because of how beautiful she is. And Z and W are getting cuter by the day, it will be a two week absence, i sure miss them.

Brenbren said...

My my you have been busy!

Alisha said...

Looks like you are having a lot fun relaxing and spending time with family. Your kids are so cute! I love how blue Wilson's eyes are!

Holly and John Maw said...

Looks like so much fun! Wilson is so dang cute! Beautiful kids!

Charlotte, Mardy and Raven said...

What a fun time. I have so many good memories of that farm.

Brian and Emily said...

Becca I love this post! I love the pictures of you and Attena dressing up, so precious! IT was like the little girl in me wanted to be there with my daughters too! Aren't sisters awesome...I think Attena is pretty special too! Becca you are beautiful and such a wonderful Mother. Wish we could have gotten together on the Keeler Farm! One of these days....

Criscell said...

SOOO FUN! I should have known you guys went home since I haven't seen you in forever. Tell your mom hi for me! She is so sweet.