Saturday, June 13, 2009

Manti

While in Utah we were able to do three things that had me doing a lot of reflecting. On Sat. we were able to go to Mark's good friend Jordan Davis' sealing in the Manti temple.  I was super excited for this because the last sealing we went to in Manti was our own!  It was really beautiful.  I love the Manti temple and it was such a sweet date to go on with Mark.  It was a beautiful drive, and a beautiful day.   
May 30th, 2009
October 16th, 2004

We woke up early sunday morning and went to visit Dylan's grave with Travis.  I love cemetery's.  I know that's kind of wierd, but I love to think of all the stories that those people could tell and the lives they lived.  I love to think of what they are doing now beyond the veil and how close they really are to us.  Maybe Dylan is being taught the gospel by some sweet missionaries or better yet, family members that love him.  
We went straight from the cemetery to my in-laws stake conference where Elder Hales was speaking.  It was crazy that we were there to hear him speak and were on about the 4th row from the front.  I love being in the presence of prophets and apostles.  They emanate the love of the Savior so so much.  I couldn't help but reflect on my weekend: temple sealings, death and life after, and prophets and apostles - how eternally grateful I am for the knowledge the gospel brings. It is truly an amazing beautiful thing.

No comments: