Sunday, June 14, 2009

Let the Party Continue!

May 31, 2009
Sunday afternoon we had our car all packed up and ready to head home.  We were just getting a bite to eat when Mark looked at his Mom and said, "Hey you guys should come back with us.  Go pack your bags.  We'll wait for you."  So they did!  They brought Jade and Josie and spent the first week of June here with us.  We did a lot of firsts for me - like hit up the Sugarbowl in Scottsdale, which I totally recommend. I loved that little icecream parlor.  So fun.  We checked out the botanical gardens and the lookout on South Mountain, did our fair share of swimming, visited the Temple grounds and ate at Organ Stop Pizza (another must if you are ever in Mesa).  We also ate at Chino Bandido which I do not recommend, but Mark probably would.. :)


Jade and Josie! I loved watching them hang out together.  It reminded me of my sisters who I miss so much!  I hope they always remember that no one can replace sisters. They're the BEST!
After touring the Mesa temple visitors center we started having races up some the stairs on the temple grounds.  It was pretty funny.  Mark thinks he won, but he didn't.  :)
I think Jades got this one in the bag.  Can you see Judy back there?  If they were walking Judy would win hands down. :)

Mmm, this was my caramel cheesecake at the Sugarbowl.
Such a cute restaurant. It was the perfect place for Zina - ALL pink!
(Isn't she cute!)

Mmm, Grandpa's blackberry soda
Strawberry Icecream for Zina
I forget what Judy's was called but I'd say she's pretty excited about it. :)
Strawberry Cheesecake for Josie (can you tell I liked this place!)
Brownie Sunday for Mark and it was by far my favorite. Mmm so good!

These two were totally into the Desert Botanical Gardens. Can you tell?

Zina  being silly.  She absolutely insisted on wearing that wool skirt. She loves it. Even though it's a 5T and doesn't fit and wool happens to be very HOT here.
We managed to get a few sneak peaks at the Chihuly exhibit they were taking down.  I was sad I missed it, but that's what you get for being to cheap. 
And this one is out of order but I LOVE it.  I was trying to feed Wilson my caramel cheesecake and he was having a fit because I wouldn't let him hold his own spoon and drizzle caramel all over my lap. My sweet Zina watched us for a while and then piped up, "He can come eat mine.  It's not messy like yours."  So they sat together and ate all her strawberry ice cream.  I was so proud of her for sharing her most favorite dessert of all time. 

4 comments:

Criscell said...

You guys have had so much fun lately with family in town!! I REALLY want to go to this ice cream parlor sometime. It looks delicious! Let's make a girl's night of it!

Angela said...

I'm TOTALLY jealous of your trip to Chino Bandito. I'm sorry you didn't like it. What did you get? I totally crave that place all the time. And Organ Stop is awesome. I've never been to the Sugarbowl, but it looks really cute. Glad you're enjoyed it!

Kellen and Erin said...

It looks like life definitely has been "heavenly" for you guys! Kellen will be out of school July 10th and then we can have some fun too! Oh, and you asked when we are moving and that is July 13th!! Just four weeks away. We really need to get together before we go. Is Mark out of school for a while? We will call you guys.

Charlotte, Mardy and Raven said...

Looks like so much fun. That is awesome that Mark's parents could pack up their bags like that and go with you guys. Manti looks beautiful. I hope to go there someday because my parents got married there too. Mardy got a chuckle out of the Pedro's, I really didn't notice until I read Mark's comment.