Sunday, July 12, 2009

July 1, 2009


This post is a bit late in coming since my camera was in Guatemala and I had to get these pictures from my mom. We had a great July 1st. In Raymond July 1st is bigger than Christmas and we felt super lucky to be able to be there this year since it wasn't really planned and was a spontaneous 2 week visit! The night before Mark left for Guatemala we decided we didn't want to stay home by ourselves for 10 days and my mom offered to help with the cost of the flights so we went!
Great Grandma & Grandpa Williams at the after-parade-party. I think Grandpa's had enough.
Zina and my Dad. Grandma rushed Zina out to ride the last block of the parade with Grandpa. She loved it.
The kids loved the little ponies. The bottom picture is Zina with her second cousin Phoenix, and her third cousin Olivia.

This picture is funny because Zina ran right out to give Tigger high five only he didn't notice her right away so she was trying catch his hand for a five for a long time. It was pretty cute.
Parade Watchers! This is my cousin Phil's wife, Alaina, my little sister Attena, Sierra (Phil and Alaina's 2nd) Wilson, and me.
We love the 1st of July!!

*For all you American readers, the first of July is Canada day - which used to be called Dominion Day and celebrates when Canada became it's own country forming the Dominion of Canada with united Provinces.*
July 1st is special in Raymond because we not only celebrate Canada but we also celebrate our town!

3 comments:

Brenbren said...

I love the photos! Zina's hair looks great with the Tigger.

RayHome said...

becca you should have said that your 99 yr old grandpa had had enough.

Charlotte, Mardy and Raven said...

If your camera was in Guatemala then where are the pictures?

It was so nice to get to see you. Save your pennies so you can come to see me in England!