Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lazy (hot) summer days.

The Phoenix area should really do things differently. If I were in charge we would all go to school in the summer and have the fall off. All these poor kids out for summer break and all they can do is either swim, fry, or stay inside. Despite a wee bit of cabin fever we are enjoying our lazy summer. When I am swimming I LOVE the heat, when I am grocery shopping not so much. We are loving having Mark around more than normal. We've watched to many movies, read to many books and I have yet to go to bed at a decent hour. Why is that so hard? And why can Mark go to bed at 2am and still be able to get up at 6am and swim laps. He's not normal (right?)

The kids drawing on their dry erase boards.
Our garden that is burning to the ground. I think it's almost time to give it up and start again when things are cooler.
Zina and her best bud Adam going for a swim. The other day while talking to an Aunty (can't remember which one) she decided, after a lot of thought, that she would probably marry Adam, "cuz he's mine best friend"
Garden splendor. We had so many ripe tomato's arriving at the same time we had to add to the food storage.
And just some viewing pleasure of some amazingly adorable kids (Mark included).

3 comments:

RayHome said...

o my goodness gracious. We are so excited for you to come up and visit us!!!!!

Brenbren said...

ha ha!!!!! I love it! Adam says, "why she says she wants to marry me?"
I told him because Zina loves him and he is her best friend.
"Oh, I marry Zina this day! But I don't want to get really married, just a pretend marry."

Criscell said...

WOW! Look at that garden! You go, guys! I'm impressed. And congrats to Zina--she can swim!