Friday, October 30, 2009

Scary Stories

This week I spent a lot of time bending over my sewing machine. Zina decided she wanted to be Princess Tiger Lily for Halloween and convinced Wilson to be Peter Pan. There was NO changing their minds once they had decided. I figured I could make Princess Tiger Lily but I was pretty skeptical about Peter Pan. After a trip to the Disney Store to find out they were all sold out of Peter Pan I knew I'd have to make it. A couple friends sent me this tutorial and I figured I could make it too. Then Mark decided to be Captain Hook and of course I had to be Wendy. AHHH! I can sew a straight stitch but this was seriously testing my sewing skills. Anyways, this post is NOT about our Halloween costumes. All I'm trying to say is that I had been spending a lot of time sewing one night when Mark came in and said, "Mama, we're having a family conference in the playroom." Well, I surely can't miss that so I set my sewing aside and went to see what was up. Mark made us turn all the lights off and sit around a single candle. He'd been busy making chex muddy buddy's or "Ghost Food" You shake them in powdered sugar and he'd told the kids it was ghost powder and if they ate it they would turn into ghosts until midnight on All Hallows Eve. It was hilarious. The kids were wide eyed and enjoying every minute of being scared. We sang the classic Halloween song that even Wilson knows all the words to because they love it so much. Later that night I heard the kids whispering in their beds about how they were now ghosts because Papa had convinced them to eat the "ghost food." It was really fun, and really spontaneous. Thanks Mark for a great memory and the perfect spooky evening.

I love the looks on their faces!
More Halloween pictures to come.....

5 comments:

The Lowry's said...

That is funny, I found those tutorials online last saturday and since we already had the kids costumes for this year, I decided that next year Jaycie would be tinkerbelle, Bryce Peter Pan, Me Wendy and Jeff Captain Hook. So when next year rolls around, don't think we were copying you (although we live so far apart, i guess it wouldn't matter anyhow) I was so excited when i saw those costumes and can't wait till next year. Let me know how they turned out and yes, would love to see pictures. I'm lucky though because I am going to have my mom (the most amazing sewer ever) help me and I have a year to get the stuff. Happy Halloween!

RayHome said...

Wilson looks like he is believing everything you say, and it has him pretty spooked.

Charlotte, Mardy and Raven said...

Haha, that reminds me of sneaking into abandoned houses and telling ghost stories.

Kellen and Erin said...

We laughed so hard at Wilson's face! What a fun night.

Kellen and Erin said...

oh, and Congrats on having another boy!! we're excited for you guys