Sunday, May 9, 2010

Let's face it. Being a mother is hard work. Emotionally, physically, mentally, socially. But there is one area for me that makes up for it all. Spiritually. I feel renewed each day when I look into those little trusting faces. Those faces that look to me to fill them up with loving words, happiness, and peace - but really - that's what they fill me up with. Spiritually because when I feel like I am going to lose it, I fall to my knees and plead for patience, or when I do lose it I fall to my knees and plead for forgiveness. They always forgive. He always forgives. Life's greatest lessons are learned in the home. Yes, I think I'm learning. Slowly. And yes, I am so grateful for each one of mine.

Today the primary sang the song, "I often go walking" for all the mothers. My little Zina was front and center beaming and singing noticeably louder than everyone else. It was adorable. Wilson has been sick so he didn't go to nursery. When Wilson is sick the whole world seems to be ending. So I tried to help when nothing seemed to help. Then of course Zina came along in the middle of it all losing q-tips out her dress. Before church I asked her not to play with the q-tips. Apparently she decided to anyways but so Momma wouldn't know she hid them in her underpants and then forgot about them? Don't ask me how. Her primary teacher brought her to me wondering why q-tips were magically appearing from out of her dress? They weren't sure where they were coming from and felt like I needed to be the one to investigate. seriously. Church was eventful. At least Samuel obediently slept through it all.

We might be slowly going crazy - but at least we are doing it together.

4 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

The q-tips crack me up. How do kids think of doing things like that??? Sorry that your Mother's Day was a little rough. I think it probably is this way for a lot of moms, mostly because we have expectations of how the day will go.

Here's to a changed perspective!

By the way, your little man is adorable!! i'm looking forward to seeing more of the pictures that you got taken of him.

Criscell said...

That Q-tip story is hilarious!! Thanks for the laugh!

RayHome said...

Love the Mother's day pictures!!!
And all the people in them!!!

britni jean said...

becca, that is too funny. i laughed out loud. miss you! p.s. for mothers day i woke up soaked in pee. thanks to miss Dalia laying next to me! happy mother's day!