Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2.14.11

 Our Valentine's Day dinner.  
We invited our neighbor Kathy to our family dinner - we didn't know she couldn't make it until the last second, hence the extra place setting.   Yummy roast, potato, veggie dinner complete with our family favorite...pickled beets.  When Mark says "Pickled Beets" my kids start cheering. No lie.
We had some mini heart shaped sour cream blackberry pies that the kids loved helping me make.
This dinner was somewhat of a miracle.
I kept telling myself to not stress out and just enjoy doing it with the kids because it's all about them anyways!  I always stress out just a little when someone else is eating with us - but then she didn't even come! Good thing I didn't stress. :)  When Mark walked through the door at 6:10 with roses, chocolate and pickled beets the dinner was on the table, the kitchen was clean, and everyone was HAPPY!
What a great valentine's day!


A lovely improptu family dance inspired by Nat King Cole's L.O.V.E.


I love my loves!


Perhaps next year we will wait until Feb. 7th to celebrate love day. :)
I started running out of ideas and motivation on about Feb......5th. 

3 comments:

Alisha said...

Looks great! What a great looking dinner!

Rachel Chick said...

How fun! Way to go with not stressing out. THAT is really a huge accomplishment. :) Also, I LOVE your table. Totally my style. Want to come do one for me? :)

The Lowry's said...

What a fun dinner.