Friday, November 4, 2011

Before Mark came home...

We tried to pass the time by making sugar cookies...

and then decorating them

We celebrated a birthday. and a 7yr anniversary.
I turned 29.  wow.
The actually day was a little lonely.  I had two meetings and took all the kids with me.
We did manage to go out for ice cream,  but
everyone who is usually around to show some love was far far away.
Except my little monkeys. 
Who banished me from the family room and then came running into the kitchen to give me
this.
Wrapped with a ribbon and all.
Inside were 10 pictures carefully colored on for Mama from Zina and Wilson.
they even sang me happy birthday.
It was very sweet.
and a heart warmer for sure.
My birthday week was great!
Before Mark left for Florida he hid my present in his closet.  I happened to find it while searching for the halloween pillow cases. :)  But i left it there in anticipation for the actual day. :) It's just a handy little attachement for my bosch - the food processer. :)
I.LOVE.IT!
Before Liz left for New York she invited us over for dinner and while her and the kids made dinner she sent me off to her favorite salon to be pampered for an hour.  I love my new haircut and dinner was delish and seriously she was leaving for New York THAT night! 
A great haircut can make you feel like a million bucks!
Thanks Liz!
AND before Judy and Jay left for Arizona they dropped me off a little birthday present that I was super excited for.  When Judy asked me what I wanted for my birthday I told her it was really boring. 
BUT I love getting things like this.  It just makes me feel at peace to know we are prepared. or getting prepared. :)
Haha. 
50gallons of water storage right there!  Don't ask what we are going to do when we move and no longer have 2 storage rooms. :)
I seem to remember last year I got a new mop for my birthday. :)
Don't worry.  I went shopping yesterday and spent the birthday money that I haven't gotten yet. :)
I'm not 100% practical. 
:)

And while this was all happening Mark was enjoying our old roomies from Rexburg (I guess technically it's housies?) Jake and Suzanne.
They live in Jacksonville for Law School so Mark spent a weekend with them.  It helped take his mind off of the thousands of miles between us. :)  And he had a great time!
Hmm, warm beach anyone?
Mark was able to stay with a family that he met at church the day he flew in. Seriously it was such a tender mercy.  He was going to stay in a filthy apartment in the ghetto for $700!  When he went to church they visited with him and then just offered their spare bedroom for free and a bike to get to and from the school.  Seriously we owe them so much.  They made his stay go from unbearable to completely successful.  He really liked the school and all the residents in the anesthesia department.
He felt like his interview went well and it is definitely on the list for our next 4 years!

1 comment:

Charlotte, Mardy and Raven said...

I love that Liz sent you off to be pampered for your birthday! I miss you! We haven't had a good chat in almost a year!!!!