Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Canada 2012 cont'd


My dad is selling the Magrath homestead (which I am devastated about) so we went out to tour it with my Grandpa and have him tell us all about it. If I had the money I would buy this place in a heartbeat. To me it is paradise and I have lots of fun memories there as a kid. I will be sad when that heritage is sold to someone else. Mark complains that Canada is to cold to live in so I promised he could leave for a month every year to a hot destination while I stayed home to milk the cow and gather the eggs. :) He's not convinced yet, but it doesn't stop me from dreaming. :)




 I love love the old barn.  How fun is this hay loft with rope swing and basketball hoop!
Can't you just see it filled with hay for our milk cow and baby kittens?




 Grandpa telling us about the old equipment that we found.
 Yep, definitely paradise. :)


 This is where the Japanese families lived who came to help on the farm way back in the day.  There is even a little Japanese bathhouse behind the main house with an old old stove in it. 

We made a couple of trips to the straw bales.  My kids were constantly begging me to go play on them.
Yes, I know this is a million pictures of straw bales. :)









You have to look at these pictures while singing the Indiana Jones theme song since that is what Mark was singing as they raced around the bales. :)



















We helped Grandpa do some work with the cows and the loader.









And of course we had to stop in Waterton.  We can't ever go to Alberta without going to Waterton no matter what the season.













This is the road to Cameron Lake.

And we made a couple of visits to G&G Williams.  Yep they are still kick'n at 102yrs and 87yrs






1 comment:

Charlotte, Mardy and Raven said...

I am officially green with envy! I miss home so much. I remember going to that farm with you once and swinging on that swing. Oh and the bales. I felt like I was 9 again pretending I was an orphan with you an Emily. Funny how we were mostly orphans instead of princesses like most girls... And then you went to Waterton!!! Yup just got more jealous. You sure made the most of your trip!