Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Feb/March & Easter


When you get this far behind it's hard to know where to begin.  Despite the lack of “me” in Feb. and March we managed to survive those months and even enjoy a few moments. We managed a trip to Lincoln beach with cousins Kate, Wade, & Piper.


Pit stop :)

 A picnic trip up Hobble Creek Canyon with Grandma Judy. This trip was a great stress reliever. It was so nice to just enjoy being together as a family and watch Mark just run around with the kids like he didn't have a care in the world. Made me realize how stressful the last couple of weeks had actually been with me not feeling well, Grandpa Jay moving on and Mark writing his last board exams. It was great to get outside and enjoy nature and run our stresses out in a heated game of freeze tag and giggles.






 We also managed to get in a trip to the Golden Spike so Sammy could see the trains. It was fun except Grandma got stung by a wasp and the entire drive I felt like I was going to throw up.







 The end of March brought a 3 week break for Mark so we packed our bags and headed out. (Poor Marky - all his vacation time for the rest of his life will be spent in CANADA!! )We drove up to Rexburg on Tuesday morning (after everything went wrong like Mark losing his drivers license and waiting at the DMV for hours for a new one and Wilson's biopsy coming back from the dermatologist and having wait at the pharmacy for his meds!) where Tena made us some homemade mac and cheese and we played with her at our hotel pool. Wednesday we were up and hit the road for Canada. We enjoyed a beautiful drive up through Island Park and past Lewis and Clark Caverns in Montana. This kids did great and we made it to the Motherland by dinner time.   Being home this time was SO therapeutic for me. I loved being home with the spring breezes, huge sky, never ending fields and mountains on the horizons. It didn't hurt that my mom spoiled me by getting up with my kids while I slept in every morning and making delicious meals. I always love my Mom's home cooking but when I am pregnant it is the most comforting delicious food ever. Thanks Mom for spoiling us all. :) We enjoyed Easter in Canada and had fun dying and rolling Easter eggs, pondering and celebrating the life of our Savior and partying for Sammy's Easter birthday. (self reminder- Sammy's birthday will have a post of it's own since my mom has all those pics)
 Easter traditions - rolling our Easter eggs down the coulee.
 Man I love this land of never ending fields and sky.  The sky is my favorite of all of God's creations - well other than the fabulous people in my life. :)


 I love driving out to rural anywhere and I get really frustrated in Utah when we go on beautiful rural drives and then massive homes on acreages ruin the scene.  Thankfully that hasn't happened here.....yet.

 Attena at her finest.
 Uncle Marky

 Grandma is an adventurer at heart.  She hauled us all over those coulees just enjoying the beauty of the day.
 Zina and her rock treasures.

 Attena and Wilson in a game of something.

 Adam doing something crazy as per-usual

 My kids have THE best aunties and uncles in the whole world.
Mark, Adam & Attena helping Wilson and Sam.



They also have the best Dad in the whole world.






What a great Easter we had!





1 comment:

Attena said...

I want to go home... :(