Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wilson turns 5!!


August 6th, 2012.
It's true.  This sweet boy is five!!
Wilson has a special place in my heart.  
I think it's because he can drive me totally bonkers (and I mean totally) and yet still
melt me with his big innocent blue eyes.
Then I have massive guilt trips.
sigh.
Don't grow up Mr. Wilson.
I love you just the way you are. 
Even when I am totally bonkers.
 Wilson got a new toy from Grandma for his birthday.  He really really wanted some time to play with it alone but Sammy really really wanted to play too. (as Wilson was opening the box I asked Sammy what it was and he said, "IT'S MINE!!" - hmmm)
After quite a trying afternoon of keeping both boys off of each other Papa asked Wilson if he wanted to  go for a run (meaning Mark runs and Wilson rides his bike).  Wilson was thrilled and immediately ran over to Sam and said, "Sam you can play with my truck the WHOLE time I am gone ok!"

Wilson often surprises me with his ability to share.  Zina gave him a big bag of gummy worms for his birthday and without thinking twice he shared the entire bag with his brother and sister (and Mom!).
Reading books together.  
Zina has started reading Wilson the Magic Tree house books. 
I love to find them snuggled up on the couch with Zina reading out loud. 
 Here he is sharing his giant car book that he got in the mail from Grandma with his little brother.
I love moments like this!

For Wilson's birthday we took him to the Kalamazoo Air Zoo with our friends and their kids.
He loved the rides and the airplanes and the overall "carnival" atmosphere. 
He loved it so much that i took him back on his actual birthday which worked out well since Mark was home trying to sleep after a 12hr night shift in the ICU.
Above: the hot air balloon ride.
Below: Zina and Addie

Ready set takeoff!!  
The boys LOVED this ride. 
I think they went on it 20 times!  They could even make the plane fly up and down with their "controls" and they thought that was super cool.


Wilson giggle and giggled during this parachute ride.  It was very rewarding to see him so happy and having fun on his birthday. :)
After the air zoo we headed back to our place for dinner and birthday cake.  We had bbq pork on homemade whole wheat buns, pasta salad, veggies and a watermelon that was so mushy I had to throw it out. bummer.  Wilson picked out his birthday cake.  My kids love to sit on my lap and look through birthday cakes online and pick out the one they want.  This was Wilson's race track cake.  He also specified that it was to be a white chocolate cake with white chocolate icing so I googled recipes for both and it turned out super yummy!  Nice picks Wilson!


Opening presents! 
 If you can't tell race cars are Wilson current obsession. :)


The other day Wilson and I were visiting in the play room and he said
"Mom, did you know this toy can do the Salsa dance?"
He then proceeded to show me how Baby Tad sings the salsa.  I started to salsa dance and Wilson looked at me with a funny look and said, "That's not how you salsa dance!"
I said, "Oh how do you do it then."
He started the music again and started to dance saying, "you just do this and pretend someone is eating you with a chip!!"

Thanks for the giggle Wilson.
I love you!

No comments: