Tuesday, October 30, 2012

8yr Anniversary/ 30th Birthday

My/Our Birthday Anniversary Weekend came and went in October.  Things were a little crazy with a 2 week old baby but we still managed to celebrate a little bit. :)  Well, celebrate Mark and Becca style which is pretty laid back and just the way we like things.
So grateful for this guy.
  I am so SO grateful for the Spirit telling me that this was "HIM."  
That guy I'd been dreaming about for years.  The one I used to pray for in High School. (Did anyone else do that?  Pray for their future spouse? or am I just weird?)  This guy has exceeded my expectations in every possible way.  I can confidently say that real life is much better than my dreams ever were.
And life is good. So good.


8 Years!
Our Anniversary landed on a Wed. and Mark had to be at work early in the morning so we just put the kids to bed and had a cozy little date at home.  Where I totally rocked him in ticket to ride. :)  
(for first time ever I think)

Ok so the kids were only sometimes in bed.  We had a few visitors.  But by the time our date "ended" they were all snoring. :)


Mark was so proud of his photography skills.  I have about 20 photos of me and the roses he brought home because he was trying to get the perfect picture.
wait for it.
He thinks he's so smart figuring out how to change the focus and get he picture he wanted in about 5 minutes.  He probably knows more about my camera now than I do.  Although i was patiently coaching him through the whole painful process.

My birthday landed on the Friday after our anniversary so we dropped the 3 oldest off at a friends house and went out for some birthday shopping.  Mark helped me pick out some super cute boots for my birthday. (I think it's the 1st time he's been in a mall in 2yrs)  and then we stopped at Sweetwater Donut Mill and picked out a dozen donuts.
Yep.  We took 1 bite of each donut.  Then I told Mark, "I think I'm going to vomit."  He replied, "me too, let's vomit together."  It was really romantic.  Trust me. 

But they were yummy.
And now I'm 30.  
And I'm pretty ok with that.  I am so grateful for all that I have been blessed with.  I can only imagine the blessings that the next 30 years will bring! 

No comments: