Sunday, January 18, 2015

Christmas 2014

I can't seem to find my pictures of us finding our perfect tree this year.  Either way we had fun doing our "modified" tradition of cutting down our own tree.  Modified because there just aren't any beautiful snow capped mountains to drive up in here so a local tree farm had to suffice.  We still had a lovely time running around in the cold wind and I took a million pictures so....not sure where they went. :/ 
But it was a prickly tree so we had to fortify ourselves with hats and gloves in order to decorate. :)


And a cute random photo of Davey's modeling career.

Another of my favorite Christmas traditions is caroling.  I love caroling.  My memories of caroling with my Mom, Dad, Brothers and Sisters are so so sweet.  Trying to do that with 4 young kids is like...well singing a duet with your husband.  :) So we organized with the missionaries and invited the whole ward.  We had 3 groups who went out and caroled and delivered treats and pass along cards to 15 investigators, new converts, or just people we felt would be uplifted.  Then everyone came to our house for hot chocolate after.  This is the only picture of the night.  I sure do love my Wilson photo bomber.  And I love spreading Christmas cheer loud and clear for all to hear!  I'm so grateful to my good friend Hillary who as awesome organizing skills and mapped out routes and groups for everyone.


We were so lucky to have Mark home Christmas Eve Day and Christmas day.  It was a Christmas miracle!  Christmas eve day we made and delivered Christmas bread to all our friends and neighbors.  I love me some of Grandma Judy's Christmas bread.  Best tradition ever!

Christmas Eve soup bowl left overs. Mmm they were good. :)

We had our friends the Chattertons for Christmas eve dinner and nativity and Christmas Jammies.
All my favorite Christmas eve activities.  





Christmas Morning!  
Oldest to youngest about to head downstairs. I love the bed head and missing pants.



Another Favorite tradition.  A box FULL of books from Santa.
I always loved that present the most!

Zina used up ALL her elastics from her moon loom and made me a full set of jewelery.  She worked so hard on it and I especially loved the note on the present. :)


We invited our friends the Bramwells for Christmas Day dinner of Ham, Funeral potatoes etc. And raspberry trifle and Pumpkin roll.  We love catching up with the Bramwells and watching cute little Hadley and Davey interact. :) Here's a blurry picture of all the kids, after a busy sugar filled day. :)
(seriously maybe my new years resolution should be to take better pictures!!)

We are so grateful for good friends who fill our hearts and home with love and laughter. Sometimes holidays are hard when you live far away from family, but I loved this Christmas and was so grateful for all of our blessings.  I know they all come from the tender baby who began His life in a humble manger.  We are trying our best to remember Him all year long! 

1 comment:

RayHome said...

Lovely traditions! Love the villiage of attachment that you create where ever you go!