Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Conference and a little bit more.

This is the way the Keelers watch conference.  It was SO great. 

I felt so much during conference that I don't know where to begin. I guess I should start by saying a big thank you to all my brothers and sisters and parents for helping to entertain my kids so that watching conference was even possible. THANK YOU!! Living by family is amazing. I loved all of conference and I especially grew to love President Monson & President Uchtdorf. (President Eyring already has a special place in my heart since I have met him personally). It is so obvious to me that God is at the head of this church. It is amazing to love a prophet as dearly as President Hinckley and then watch the prophetic mantle settle onto President Monson and love him just as much. I have had similar experiences when there is a change in the bishopric. Previous to this conference I did not know President Uchtdorf that well and wasn't sure about how I felt about him being a member of the first presidency. Of course I sustained him because I believed his calling was inspired but I didn't feel the same about him yet, and then on Sunday morning when he spoke it happened!! I loved him just as much as the others. He has a great presence about him and of course really great hair. :)

One of my greatest weaknesses as a mother is slowing down and just enjoying the moment. I play with my kids and enjoy it but in my head I'm thinking about the one billion gazillion things that I "think" I need to do. (It's called the interconnected freeway - check it out "Tale of Two Brains" YouTube.  I already knew this but for some reason when Elder Ballard said it it really stuck.  The past couple of days have been a lot better.  When I play with my kids I try to shut everything else out.  Zina and I watched the clouds drift by while jumping on the tramp and changed all of the lyrics to our rhymes to the way she wants them to be (cinderella apparently isn't dressed in Yella she's dressed in pink..who knew?) and I just enjoyed it all so much.  There's more but this is getting long and here are some great pictures from the last couple of days.  




Wilson loves to make a mess (what little kid doesn't?).  He also got his first taste of sugar yesterday when he got into the licorice.  He went nuts and bawled when I took them away.



My Zina lives in a world of adults and wants to be just like them.  Attena and J.B. were playing their violins for Grandma and Grandpa Williams and Zina wanted to SO bad (crying, wailing, big puppy dog eyes).  She was so incredibly happy when we got out the little violin for her.  Even though it sounded horrible, to her she was playing the beautiful music like everyone else.  I love her face in the second picture.  It is priceless. 

5 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

Oh, Becca! I love you so much! Thank you for your thoughts! You have such a sweet way of saying things -- I really miss you. I think I've been missing friends lately. Do you ever just feel totally --- I don't know --- removed --- disconnected? I don't know...something's probably wrong with me, but I read your post and almost started crying. Something is seriously wrong with me --- maybe I just need to get my house clean and exercise! :) I love that picture of Zina! That is the sweetest thing!

munyer jerk chicken said...

Can I just say "ditto" on everything Rachel Chick said?? It's mid-April and we're getting enough snow that it's sticking right now... I need my "two doors down" neighbor to cheer me up! Wait, you just did through your blog! Thanks!
Love you!

Travis and Kamala Sloan said...

Hey Becca, Yea Travis is leaving me for a whole month to go to training for the Air Force. I really am dreading it cause I really don't know what I am going to do. I only work in the afternoons so I need to find something to do for the rest of the day. We love your pictures by the way. We miss your precious little family.

Kellen and Erin said...

Hey we're in!:) I loved your comment about truly spending time with your kids-mind and body! I will have to remember that. Kellen and I think that you are both such great parents. I am excited to live near you and learn from your example!

Judy Thomas said...

Becca This is the sweetest little picture of Zina. She is totally enthralled with her playing. We have been away from you all for way too long. July 1st is coming soon but not soon enough. Love, Judy