Friday, April 4, 2008

Walk down memory lane

Last sunday we all went to my Grandma & Grandpa Keeler's for sunday dinner. The evening was almost magical. It brought back so many great memories from my childhood. My grandparents used to live just down the road from us when I was growing up. Almost every sunday we would go down for games and visiting. Grandpa always made us chocolate milkshakes and popped big bowls of popcorn. We would sing together, laugh together and eat together. It was fabulous! We were able to do the same this last sunday and two of my great aunts were there also telling stories from their childhood. I sat and listened and thought to myself, "This has to be a glimpse of the celestial kingdom, because the room is so full of love, and peace and harmony." Families can bring so much joy! After all the food was eaten the kids (as in everyone except grandparents and my parents) started playing hide-n-go seek. It was fun to act like a kid again. We had so much fun that we played again for family home evening the next night. Zina was in seventh heaven the whole time. Here are a few pictures of the evening.

Zina loves this toy. She will play with it for hours.


Wilson learning about Great Grandpa's hook. He was in a farm accident years ago and has had a hook for as long as I can remember.


This is my little sister Attena. Both her and my brother Jonathon are amazing on the violin.


Listening to stories about the olden days.


My favorite - the guys singing four part harmony.


We love to get together and sing.


Mark got stuck in the laundry shoot so Mark T. gave him a hand.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I'm pretty sure I met you at one of those Sunday night dinners. But I think we played dress ups after dinner...

Rachel Chick said...

How wonderful! Families are so sweet! Such a great feeling. I have felt thankful many times over for the family I have - I'm so glad that you guys have been able to spend this time in Canada with your family! These are memories that will last a long time! What a blessing!