Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Indian Battle Park

Last week we had some beautiful weather. It was 25 degrees outside (77 degrees for all you Americans) so we decided to head out for some family fun. Mark has a list of places he wants to visit while we are here and Indian Battle Park was one of them. For some reason I don't have very good memories of this park. When we went as a kid it just was not fun. I think that it had something to do with the fact that we only ever went there after we went to the Dentist on the west side of Lethbridge. Guilty by association. So I reluctantly went and I'm so glad I did. Mark and Zina and Wilson really are a lot of fun to hang out with. (I already knew this - just re-emphasizing how much I truly love it!) Zina really liked the train bridge especially when two trains went across blowing their whistles. We had a yummy little picnic, went on a little hike up the hill, checkout the nature center and found a crow that said "hello" to us - (truly - he did). Then we let Zina and Wilson play on the playground. They loved it. We loved it. Successful family outing. I also have to put a plug in for the last Ensign. There is an article that says (about raising children) that "we now make memories instead of messes." I love it. Who cares if it is a huge mess after (like camping) it will always be a great memory for your kids. I'm grateful for my mom who naturally followed this. I have great childhood memories. (Except for going to the Dentist..) I hope my kids will too.




7 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

I've thought a lot about that quote as well! That's something that I'm really working on! I'm glad you guys had a wonderful time just being together!

Kellen and Erin said...

Hey Becca what was that website that you told us about....ask doctor something-or-other??

Charlotte, Mardy and Raven said...

I'm so glad that you had fun there. You took some great pictures. You should come with us to Waterton May long...not camping, just for the day.

Noahr said...

I'm still remiss I never made it to Lethbridge with the Thomas family for Canada Day, blasted farm always kept me home. Good to see you guys are doing well and enjoying life.

Angela said...

That train bridge always reminds me of my grandpa. "It's the longest-tallest bridge. Not the longest, not the tallest, but the longest-tallest."

The Lowry's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Lowry's said...

I love the pictures. That is my new motto as well. I love it! Great article.