Friday, July 9, 2010

July 4th

Our Utah trip was a lot of fun.  We packed it full of delicious food, hiking, more delicious food, water fights, swimming, more delicious food, playing games, blessing babies (ok just one), sleeping in, meeting new baby Dylan (who is a doll, and made me baby hungry for a sweet little girl), and more delicious food!


Zina and Kate's Nail Spa.  
Kate made a sign and then sat out on the curb holding up her sign trying to get customers for her spa.  It was pretty cute. After about 15 minutes she decided that tomorrow there would be more customers driving on Grandma's road and she would try again.  Grandma Judy and I felt sorry for the customer-less nail painters and despite our abhorrence for painted finger nails gave into getting our nails done.




Water Fight!

We had a great get-together at Marilyn's where we ate Joel's famous ribs, corn on the cob, yummy salad, fresh salsa, homemade cake with whipped cream cheese icing, strawberries, blueberries, watermelon etc etc etc!!  I'm telling you, I always gain 10lbs when we go to Utah. :)


On Sunday we blessed Sam.  It was so nice to be able to do it with family in attendance and celebrate such a sweet boy.  I am so grateful to be a mother to such wonderful children!

Sunday afternoon found us eating more delicious food, including  homemade ice cream.  Oh how I love homemade ice cream.  We worked it all off after by playing a heated game of soccer.  I'm pretty sure Kaitlyn broke my toe and that every two seconds someone was telling Lincoln, Wilson or Wade that they couldn't touch it with their hands but to KICK the ball instead. 


The grand kids chasing down the soccer ball.
Zina, Wade, Lincoln, Wilson, Kate.

I didn't take one picture after church when we were still dressed up but I was proud that I got a picture with everyone who was there this weekend. 


And of course this is the best shot I got of Sam in his blessing outfit. (Thanks Marilyn!)
It is strikingly similar to the only pictures I got of Zina in her blessing outfit.


That night after a visit to hear Grandpa at the Band Concert Jessa made the kids a bonfire where they roasted marshmallows. Yum.
And the next morning surprised us with the big firetruck that Kevin drove in the Provo parade.  The kids were pretty in awe of that big old truck and super excited that they got to ride in it and clean out Grandma's gutters with the spray gun in the front.


All in all we had a fabulous trip!

2 comments:

RayHome said...

I love the picture with Sam sitting on his Papa's lap. He sure is like his father.

CGibb said...

Nail Spa... HA! I never thought of doing one of those as a kid. Richie and had about a million lemonade stands, but never thought of a spa. Brilliant!