Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Little Dude




Little dude is what we call this sweet boy.  He is 3mths and 11 days old.   I took him to the Dr. last week.  He weighs in at 12lbs 8 ounces.  He is 24.5 inches tall and he has a big head.  He's definitely ours. :)  He is most similar to Zina as a baby - skinny, tall, with a big noggin.  Sam loves people.  He just lights up when anyone starts talking and when he hears voices he is all ears (and eyes).  His focus is amazing.  He will just stare and stare like you are the most novel thing he has ever seen.  The intelligence in those eyes gets me every time.  He is starting to drool drool drool and doesn't like to sleep by himself.  I cannot count how many times a day I put him down for a nap so I can get something done and 5 minutes later he is awake again.  I know he is only 3 mths old but I seriously think it has something to do with the drool. i.e. teeth.  Isn't that what we always blame it on? "oh he's just teething..."

He is also probably the wiggliest baby I have ever held.  I cannot contain him and he refuses to do anything but stand up on my lap.  Rarely will he sit and he only likes to be held on his back or side if he is nursing.  He wants to be up where he can look around and he can because he is strong.  I will hold him at the waist and he will hold the rest of his body up and watch his siblings play.  He has now rolled over from his tummy to his back several times and when I lay him down for tummy time he will often get so mad and get his little legs kicking and moving so hard that he scoots himself clear off of the blanket.  He loves the jolly jumper because then he is upright in standing position except he is so little that he often slides out the bottom of one of the leg holes.  Needless to say the jumper is used with strict supervision.  Sam loves loves loves infant massage.  Whenever I can find time to give him a full body massage he is all grins and coos and it really is something that I look forward to.   I don't know if all babies do this or not, but Sam seems to regulate the other kids emotions.  If they are having a hard time controlling said emotions (anger, sadness, frustration, etc.) and things are getting out of hand then they both gravitate to loving Sam and those strong emotions fade away into love for their little brother.  It is one of my favorite things and proof that this sweet boy was not long ago in a more perfect place.   He is a little bit of heaven in our home.  We love you Sam!

3 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

So sweet. I love that picture of him. I'm so glad that he's there and a part of your family.

Bri said...

What a cute picture and what a cute boy!!

veryterry said...

What gorgeous eyes! I remember an early picture of Wilson too that showed the astounding eyes of the Thomas kids. :) Glad you are enjoying your babe.