Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spiders

Zina and Wilson have spent all morning catching spiders and putting them in a bucket.  Then they catch ants to feed to the spiders in the bucket. This has been Zina's project for the last week.  I love it.  They have seriously spent hours outside searching together, climbing trees, looking under rocks.  Zina came in a bit ago to tell me (ecstatically) that she now had enough spiders so that her, Kate, Ellie, Wilson, and Kurt could all have their own.  But Bo and Wade didn't get one because they don't care about bugs.  :)  Then she proceeded to do a little joyful dance and sing a little ditty about her lovely spiders and how much she loved them.  Love this girl. :)




 I love that Sam is trying to climb the tree.  It won't be long! :)

5 comments:

RayHome said...

Looks like your tree survived the cold weather down there. Sam is just like his momma....petite and busy.

RayHome said...

Wait...when I think about it....Zina is also like her mom. She probably wouldn't hesitate to skin a raccoon!

Rachel Chick said...

Ah. I love awesome, cool kids. Kids that like catching bugs. So great!

Brooke said...

I love that Zina isn't wary of bugs in the slightest. So great! It sounds like you have a colony starting over there. Tell Zina I want to see :)

Callie said...

Outdoor fun is great! Love you and your kids. Their imaginations are the best!