Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Last day's of Summer & Labor Day

Before September we headed up to check out the Spanish Oaks Reservoir.  It was a hot enough day that the cool water felt good and the kids had fun building sand castles and swimming.  I am loving living in a small town and finding little gems like these.  I kind of hate to say it but I am really loving living in rural Utah.  The only thing that could make it better is if all the people weren't here. Haha. I think I will always be a country girl.




Some more pictures of Zina's first day of school.  Every Monday I go to Kindergarten with her and help out for an hour.  It's really fun to be there and see her interactions with her classmates and teacher.  Today her teacher told her that she was coloring like a 1st grader.  That made her happy. :)



Labor Day
On labor day we hit up the traditional Payson Onion Days Celebration. :)  We headed out before 6am to drop the kids off at Grandma's then Mark and I went and registered for the 10k.  I love running races with my hubby.  It is one of my favorite things to do.  This 10k went much better than my first one in Raymond.  It was a beautiful morning and even though my Ipod froze up on me and Grandpa Jay's ran out of power on mile marker 2 it was a great race.  Mark was a little more frustrated.  His foot was really bothering him and when I passed him on mile 3 he said he needed me to make him mad so he could run faster. :)  Then I ran past and said, "I'm beating you!"
Unfortunately it didn't work.
But I think he still had fun.  Our first 10k in July we ran in I think 57 minutes.  I could check but I'm to lazy.  This 10k I ran in 52:09 with a 8:23 min/mi  I was pretty happy about that and then super surprised to win 3rd in my age division.  Happy Day! Mark came in just behind me with a time of 54:02 (8:41 min/mi).  Every time I run I think about what a miracle our bodies are.  I remember what it was like to run 1 mile after I had Sam.  It was painful.  And now it is fun. Self mastery is kind of fun and I'm obviously still working on it but it feels great to set healthy daily routines for both my physical body and spiritual body.  Now I just need to figure out how to teach my kids to set those goals. :)




After the race we booked it home to shower, eat breakfast and get ready for the parade.  We made it just in time!


Mark jumped on his 10yr reunion fire truck as it went by.  He was cool enough to wear his letterman sweater from when he was on the student council. :)  As soon as Wilson saw Mark on the fire truck he started sobbing and I couldn't figure out why. We're talking hiccuping can't breathe sobs.  When he could finally make out some words I figured out that it was because he wanted to ride on a fire truck too. :( It was pretty cute. Mark and I also went to his 10yr reunion the night before but unfortunately I don't have any pics from that.  We had fun though!

The kids pretending to cruise with Uncle Denny & Aunty Kay

We let the kids pick one ride to go on.  
(I passionately dislike carnival ride.  It was all I could do to let them go on 1 ride).
Zina picked the Ferris wheel and Mark went with her. 
I guess it made for a cute pic. :)
Sammy and Grandpa had the same good idea.
Luis, Angel and adorable little Mikailo found us and we had a fun visit with them.
Zina and Kate were brave enough to climb on stage with Grandpa and sing the national anthem for the closing band concert.  What brave girls!! At first Kate decided she didn't want to but that didn't phase Zina at all.  She emphatically declared that even if Kate wasn't singing she was leaving to go sing with Grandpa. :)  It was cute and it's a good thing Grandma bribed Kate with a girls night out to the movies because Zina didn't actually know the "Star Spangled Banner" and Kate did.  It was cute though and as soon as I can get the video to work  you can all watch it. :)



No comments: