Friday, September 23, 2011

Running and Painting.

Yet another attempt to catch up.  Before I become a single mother for 2 months....tomorrow.  :(

Mark took this picture during scriptures one morning.  Sam fell and got a bloody nose.  I think the pics are self explanatory.  I guess he's cute no matter what. :)

Spanish Fork 1/2 Marathon

Have I mentioned I love running with Mark?  There were a couple of morning runs we went on while Grandma Judy watched the kids that were glorious.  Spanish Fork has a trail that runs along the river bottom.  On one side there are cornfields, sunflowers and horses and the other is the river with big trees and low hanging branches. (the trail needs to be about 10miles longer than it is though... :)  Running through there with a cool morning breeze, warm sunshine, and my best friend... nuff said.

I was a little nervous at the beginning of the race.  I'm not sure why.  We had run 11 1/2 miles before hand and I knew I could do it.  I guess it was just first time jitters but then Mark said to just relax we were going to have fun and we did. :)  At the half way mark we were at about 56minutes (according to Mapmyrun which is a GREAT app.  Love it.)  Anyways, at that point I thought we should try to make it under 2hrs.  We did pretty good and passed the majority of people on the last 3 miles.  The last mile I really pushed it mostly because I knew that that was the only way I could stop running and I really really wanted to stop running!  :)  Anyways I ended up with a time of 2:02:06, 6th in my age division and 97th over all and a pace of 9:19/M.  Big thanks to for Marilyn for watching the kids and to Mark for running with me. :)  
(Living by so much family is AMAZING!!!)  There are a million different options for babysitting that we have never experienced before.  I'd say we've taken pretty good advantage of it so far. :) Especially since Mark leaves for an audition rotation in Florida tomorrow. 




Sam being adorable.  

His new face that he does for anything and everything that he thinks is awesome.  He says "Wow" at the same time.  It's really cute. :)

My budding artist.  She begged and begged to go out and paint a butterfly.  A butterfly? Sure.....
Hmmmm....what a lovely looking butterfly!


Oh yes, this one is looking quite lovely also.
It's SUPER ZAM!  oops I mean SUPER SAM!

And a picture of her cute haircut.  Aunt Trisha came to give us both trims.  Well Zina declared that she wanted a trim to her shoulders.  I think it's adorable and she loves it. :)  

No comments: