Monday, February 27, 2012

Long lost cousins, Presidents Day & Step II.

Before Valentine's Day we were able to make a bit of a spontaneous dinner trip to Mark's cousins.  We had been trying to have them out to our house, but due to getting sick and funerals it just wasn't happening so when I got an email from Emma Monday morning we decided to just make it work.  It was fun getting caught up since our history is kind of funny.  I dated Mike in high school and he is actually the one that introduced me to Mark back in grade 10.  For years I thought I was totally going to marry Mike until I ran into Mark at BYUI after his mission.  The rest is obviously history.  :)  My kids had such a good time at their house and Zina keeps asking me when she can go back to that house and play with Jack and Luke. :)  It was fun to catch up on all the families & friends, eat Emma's delicious meal, and watch them try to match make Liz. :)  Thanks guys for the fun evening!  




I was so excited for the Presidents day long weekend.  Attena and Devin were coming down from Rexburg and I had been looking forward to it ALL month long.  And then they got here...and I got sick.  I was so bummed.  Attena and Liz went to the salon and got haircuts without me and then they all went to a girls BYU bball game that was really close while I stayed home and had a pity party in my bed. :(  Mark took the kids out to Lincoln beach - they came home with pink rosy cheeks and noses and happy faces.  



I was feeling a little better on Sunday but not much.  I felt like such a party pooper which sucked because everyone was staying at my house.  On Monday we managed to take everyone skating (thanks to Tena's roommate Kenzie for the pictures -proof they were actually here!)  and then me, Liz, Attena, & Kenzie grabbed some lunch at Zuppa's and hit the mall.  It was fun (a little rushed because they had to head home) and exhausting.  I think I was still lacking energy, but Liz and I shopped a little longer after they left and I found some cute jeans for cheap.  Hopefully they can come back soon so I can make it up to them. :)  Mark tried his best to help out the party but he had a lot of studying to do for the 2nd biggest test of his life. Step II board exams.






Which leads us to why I was so excited for them to come and visit.  I keep on wondering how on earth we survived the 1st 2yrs of medical school.  When Mark started studying for this exam I thought I was going to die.  It has been so hard to adjust back into the "studying every moment - stress out" phase.  Every day I thought - "how did I use to do this? It sucks!!"
On Wednesday the orthopedic surgeon he has been working with told him to not come in on Thursday or Friday and just use those days to study for his exam.  Talk about a tender mercy. He studied all day Thursday and Friday at about 4pm he called me and said, "where are you?  I can't study anymore!"  So we took the kids down to the river bottom to exercise something other than brain tissue. :)


Sure love this guy.  He amazes me all the time!







Wilson was having so much fun until he turned to look at me behind him and he lost control of his bike.  I could tell when he fell that he took off a good layer of skin from his knee.  Poor boy.  He was pretty sad.  We sat on the side of the trail and waited for Mark and Zina to come back


Here they come - To the rescue!!
Wilson wanted to sit in the stroller on the walk back to the van and Sammy got the prized spot. 
Papa's shoulders. :)  Now if only he would look at the camera. :)


Now lets all have a moment of silence for Mark who is currently taking an 8hr exam.




1 comment:

Charlotte, Mardy and Raven said...

Haha Mike looks the exact same as he did in high school. Good luck Mark! Good luck Becca!