Friday, June 29, 2012

Graduation! & a little Arizona Love.

So Mark graduating from Medical School deserves a bit more documentation than I allotted during our homeless state. :)  We were so excited to go back to AZ for graduation.  We have so many good memories of our lives there:  sweet baby Sam, friends, swimming, HEAT, beautiful winters etc.  If it were up to Mark we would settle in AZ for sure when we are someday ready to settle anywhere... :)

Our Vacation rental was right down the street from our friends Nate and Tina Herrington (Nate and Mark were MTC companions together - and now Nate is attending Midwestern also.  Plus they are both Canadian which makes us love them even more. :)).  Anyways we had them over for a BBQ our first night there and then Mark and Nate woke up early to hike Camelback.  
Later that day Mark took the kids to Cabelas while my mother-in-law and I went shopping for some graduation accessories.
We did a lot of swimming that weekend. :)

Tina who is an amazing makeup artist offered to do my hair and makeup for the graduation banquet. I spent all afternoon at her house getting pampered.  It was really fun!






Did I mention we did a lot of swimming?












The actual graduation was a bit of a......nightmare?
During the first speaker Mark turned to one of his classmates and said,
"Do you hear that kids screaming?"
"He's mine."

Ha Ha.  I was hauling (or trying to haul - he's super heavy!) a bawling 4yr old up the stairs and out the door as he's screaming, "I want my cars!!!"

I missed pretty much the entire graduation.  I'm sure it was lovely.
Congratulations honey?!!
We did make it back in to see Mark get is graduation certificate. :)
(this is BEFORE the ceremony started)
The Family Crew that made the trip.
Mark and some of his Med School Friends.

Some of the fantastic wives that still lived in the area put on this great potluck get-together afterwords which was super nice.  It was so great to be able to go and eat and visit with people we haven't seen all year.  Mark especially enjoyed catching up with all his friends.
The Husbands.
The Wives!


When I stop and think about it it is so strange to me that Medical School is actually over.
How did that happen so fast?
And now we are living in Michigan - expecting our 4th child?  
I swear it was just yesterday when we were in Rexburg ID deciding whether or not Mark actually wanted to go to Medical School!!
What a crazy happy life this is!