Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Everyday Summer

Just some pictures of our "every day" this summer.  Minus the library story time and play groups because I just don't take the camera with me.  But we love those too!


Ok - so this isn't our everyday, but my friend had to have her gall bladder taken out so we watched her kids for her for an afternoon.  She has a 5yr old and 12wk old twins.  My kids were in heaven!  I love little babies and I think the only person in the family who might be more baby hungry than me is Wilson. :)  It was fun to watch him and Zina take care of the twins especially in anticipation of our own soon to be arrival. :)  We can't wait!!

Speaking of Wilson here he is helping me make blueberry pancakes.  We picked fresh blueberries for playgroup and Wilson was craving blueberry pancakes because of a song we listen to by Frances England about how good they are.  
 Funny thing was after all that (it was the 2nd breakfast I made that morning because he wanted them so bad) he told me, "Mom, I don't really like blueberry pancakes."
haha.  The rest went into the freezer for Mark because he is the only one in the family who actually likes them. :)


 We mixed up some super bubble solution using glycerin, water and dish soap.  It wasn't as great as I thought it would be because we couldn't find the right dish soap. weird. But the kids still had fun.








 We snagged this little pool from a yard sale for free.  I wasn't about to spend any money on it because I knew it wouldn't last.  The kids had about 2 days of FUN with it before it got holes in it - courtesy of crazy kids and probably a few raccoons in the night.  But hey it was 2 days of free fun. :)


 This is what our Michigan sky has looked like pretty much all summer.  Despite the many many many forecasts of thunderstorms.
 Sammy's favorite summer activity - sprinkler under the tramp!
 Picture courtesy of Zina!  
There is my 28 or 29wk belly bump and 2 very cute boys. :) 
 Can't wait to make it 3!

 We finally bought some sand for the sand table.  About half of it is now all over the patio, but at least that means they're having fun with it. ;)

 Love these boys.
 So nice to have a brother!

And now that it is a new month and Mark starts 12hr night shifts in the ICU we will be spending even more time outside trying to let him sleep.  With our luck the thunderstorms will hit now. :)

3 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

Ah. Summer. Good luck with the thunderstorms! :) You're probably right.

RayHome said...

So awesome to have all that backyard fun!
Becca you look fantastic! Your belly bump is beautiful.:) I see the soccer nets are up. Caught anymore little critters in it?

jeremy and steph said...

Fun fun summer times! And the camping sounds awesome, and hard core. So jealous you live that close to a beach!
Is there a place Mark can sleep at the hospital? When Jeremy was doing nights we would just have him stay there and sleep right after then come home. It is really hard for him to sleep in our house! Our room gets really bright and warm, and we are probably just too noisy :) He mostly does it though I think because I prefer it. It is too hard for me to have him home, but have him sleeping for hours! Just a thought. Anyway, good luck!!