Thursday, July 19, 2012

Silver Beach 7.14.12

Despite the title and pictures in this post we really are "trying" to adjust to having a resident dad.   Mark's cardiology schedule isn't too bad, but not great either and after having him around a lot the last couple of months it's been harder than I anticipated having him gone so much.   And I keep telling myself it's because I'm pregnant - because 7:30-6 isn't so bad right?   What can I say - we all kind of like him. :)  The 12hr on call weekend shifts in the ICU can make for a long week.  He has those every other week until Sept. I'm sure there will be months that are worse and months that are better.
So on the weekends that he is home we try to make good use!

Welcome to Silver Beach, St. Joseph MI. 
Seriously - I can't think of anything i would rather do then go to the beach with my family.
It is SO fun.
I love Lake Michigan.





And I love this guy. :)  
Because when Mom's packing up he just can't bring himself to stop playing.
Sammy was such a great help in burying Papa.
If you can't tell he's yelling stop - while trying not to get sand in his mouth.
It's ok.  Zina to the rescue.  I was laughing.
Hysterically.
He was so helpless.

Sammy's turn. :)  They don't come much cuter than that. :)

At this point I am all packed up and ready to go, but they just can't pull themselves away.  :)
(if you notice Zina's sand belly I think she is supposed to be me) :)
And I few of us were just a little tired on the way home.
Yup, he's a Thomas.  Can sleep anywhere - in any position.

4 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

Ha! NELS can sleep like that! Boys are weirdos. :) I'm glad that you guys have been able to steal away with "daddy" every once in a while. And, yes. Being pregnant makes one crazy. :) As I'm sure you are aware by this point. :)

Rachel Chick said...

Also, have I ever mentioned how much I love that quote by Sis. Hinckley that you have on your page. One of my all time favorites. I think that mentality is one of the reasons we are such good friends . . . across the internet . . . and hopefully, someday, in real life again. :) (move to sandpoint!)

Elizabeth said...

This blog made me so happy tonight. Thanks for the pick me up.

Brooke said...

I can't believe Wilson can sleep like that. I still can't get over him sleeping thru the crazy loud Midwestern Halloween party a couple years ago. He is awesome! So glad you guys got to go to the beach.