Thursday, February 7, 2013

Daily Miracles

So thanks to some very fabulous people in our ward. (I LOVE our ward and we will be so very sad to leave them) I've decided to try and post about a few of our daily miracles.  Even just being thoughtful about it in the last two days has opened my eyes and made me realize just how aware our Heavenly Father is of us.  He blesses us in so many ways - we just have to open our eyes to see all the miracles that he gives us.  I had to sit down and write this RIGHT now because it amazed me so much.  I have been having a crummy day. Head cold, tired, achy, GROUCHY. I knew it would be a long one because on Thursdays Mark plays basketball at the church after work.  He hasn't been able to go in a long time so I wasn't about to make him come home to a sick wife, dirty dishes and bawling kids.    My poor kids.  I said a  prayer asking Heavenly Father to just help me feel a little better so I could take care of them in a happy sort of way.  We tried some Valentines Day crafts which worked for a while but Zina got upset in the end because she thought she ruined hers (I thought it looked adorable) and started bawling on the couch.  I was feeling a little bit of anxiety because I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to feel any miracles about today.  Wilson and Sam were going crazy and I sent them both outside to play in the snow in a not very patient manner.  Zina eventually settled down and went outside with the promise of being able to bake in her easy bake oven when she came back in and just as she went out Davey fell asleep.  After laying him down, getting Sam (who came in because Wilson pulled his gloves off) some hot chocolate I sat down to a little bit of peace and quiet.  And if the peace and quiet wasn't a miracle in itself I found through a series of emails that Mark's basketball has been cancelled due to a scheduling conflict of the gym.  He'll be home in probably 20 minutes.  And that is a miracle.  Hope he doesn't mind tuna melts for dinner. :)


During evening family scriptures/prayers that the reason Wilson took Sams gloves off was because he wanted him to come inside and tell me that the neighbor dog ate them. 
Oh Wilson!!!!!!
I also asked this morning who the proud owner of the artwork was behind Davey in the picture above.  Sammy proudly said, "I am!! See I did this one and this one!"  Wilson wouldn't look me straight in the eye.  They were obviously in cohorts muraling our walls.  

3 comments:

RayHome said...

Sometimes mothers don't realize what a miracle they are every day to their children. Miracles that never stop giving, caring, washing, even when sick, tired and grouchy. I guess that miracle is really a gift from Heaven.

RayHome said...

Opps forgot to say how Davey is growing up so fast and how I love the emergent energy that is showing on the back wall. :)

Rachel Chick said...

Haha! Your kids crack me up! And thank you for sharing. I need this today. I need to look for some miracles too.