Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What do you DO?

I recently was visiting with some moms and I mentioned that we didn't have a T.V. Shocking I know. One of them asked, "What do you do?  So here is a little bit of what we do!

Getting into mischief...
Water park anyone?
McCormick's Train Park in Scottsdale
Still at the train park.
Playground at the train park.  I was amazed. The whole playground was covered and they had these sprayers to play in and keep cool - so different from home!

After Mark's softball game - run'n the bases with Papa.
Explaining the ins and outs of softball.. 
Finger painting... or paint eating?? Don't worry it's non-toxic and I try to regulate the eating of it!
My little artist
Make believe anyone?  Here is our sweet fort.  You must be in the fort or the monsters will eat you. Unless Zina casts a spell that covers you with a magic shield. Then you can sneak past the monsters and rescue all the people in their dungeon.  And you must must must have crackers and cheese in the fort to  give you extra energy.

More forts - except this time it was for Zina's ponies.
The finished artwork.  The purple one on the end was from our nature walk.  We found all kinds of treasures.  Rocks, twigs, flowers etc.

A few other things that we like to do on really HOT days (wierd, we use to do these things on really COLD days), are: make Gak or play dough, shaving cream play, baking.  Zina and Wilson love to help me make bread or cookies.  They are my number one helpers. Oh ya, and we love love love to go to the library!

Disclaimer - ok, so we DO have a computer and on special occasions like when I can't stand Zina's pleadings and crying anymore I do let the kids (mostly Zina, Wilson isn't interested) watch movies.

4 comments:

Criscell said...

Cute blog, Becca. What a great mom you are!! I am grateful for this post. Just today I was thinking about how I really don't want Caysja to grow up watching much TV but due to my inability to be creative, that sometimes happens! Now I have some ideas...

munyer jerk chicken said...

I just got all caught up on your blog and I loved it... every single post. I love seeing that you guys are still the same very cool family (lots of imagination, creativity, tradition, cuteness, purity and so much more) just in a different place! I LOVE your new family pictures. Pizza Friday brings back good memories. Muchas felicidades to Mark for med school. Big hugs to our little birthday princess and namesake, Zina. And slobbery kisses to Wilson (cause those are the best ones!). Love and miss you! Bere

and p.s. thanks for always commenting on my blog... even when I don't as good of a job keeping up with yours.

Travis and Kamala Sloan said...

It really does bring back fun memories. We talk a lot about how Trav and Mark need to have the same rotations so our version of "JD" and "Turk" can get back together. And to answer your question the leg still bothers me every once in a while, but is mostly healed. I am playing sports on it, just trying to take it easy.

Sarah said...

Becca you are such a great Mom! I think it's great having no t.v., Scott on the other hand would die with out college football. Plus my boys might not survive a day alive together with out a few t.v. breaks, haha.
Your kids are so sweet and beautiful, you can tell your doing a outstanding job!!