Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Last Hurrah

Of course it had to come to an end.  I love the Sabbath and it was the perfect end to our week -relaxing. learning about the gospel, and being with my family.  Tomorrow is the start of Mark's last term of his first year of Medical school. :)  Here is a recap of a few more things we did to celebrate being together.
South Mountain Park
We drove up to an outlook and that is Phoenix in the background.  It was a cloudy day but I'm pretty sure that is a beautiful smog settled over the city. Nice.


We did a short interpretive hike at the visitors center which I really enjoyed because we got to learn all about the vegetation and the Sonoran desert.
I love this particular pose.
Mark is taking a few  notes from Zina.  She insisted on doing the whole hike by herself.  The last couple of days Zina has been insisting on doing everything by herself.  Today she got the oatmeal out of the fridge, put it in a bowl, warmed it up in the microwave, got the milk out of the fridge, (Mark poured it because it was to heavy), got some sugar (dumped it all over the floor) put some in her bowl (way to much, I'm sure) got a spoon and chowed down.  It may not seem like a big deal to most of you, but it was a HUGE deal to me.  My little Zina is growing up.
Some random shenanigans.  Watch out. Every time I turn my back these two are swiping sugar!  They inherited that from me. :)
I couldn't resist.  Such a cute bum.
 I love this one.
This hike was at Thunderbird Park right by our house.  I haven't really loved hiking here but a friend told us to try the trails off Pinnacle Peak road instead of 67th and she was right, it is way more beautiful there.





3 comments:

Brenbren said...

So, it sucks when vacation ends!!!! Although, that means I get more time with you! HA HA!

Kellen and Erin said...

How fun. I wish Kellen had more lovely breaks like that. Oh well. Too bad we don't live closer so that we can go on hikes together, we actually just got back from one a few hours ago. Have you guys heard of Lost Dutchmans Park? Anyway, that's where we were, it was a good hike! Oh, and CUTE pictures!

CGibb said...

I love the bum picture. I've got a couple of Luke that are SO cute, but Brandon won't let me post them. I'm SO jealous of the weather.