Sunday, March 29, 2009

"The Family Is of God"

Mark and I are the new primary teachers of the 11/12 yr olds in our ward.  I LOVE it.  The Lord must know (duh of course he knows!) that medical school keeps Mark away a lot so he blessed  us with a calling that we can do together - which for me has been an amazing tender mercy.  I really love primary and my new favorite song is one that our primary is learning called, "The Family Is of God."  The sunbeams just belt this song out and it makes all the leaders cry.  Anyways, so our first day in primary we start singing this song.  Zina is across the room from us singing away with the rest of the sunbeams.  When we get to the part that says, "A father's place is to preside, provide, To love and teach the gospel to his children,"  she perked up, turned around to find Mark across the room and yelled, "PAPA that's what you do!"  She was pretty excited and everyone started snickering.  We kept singing and then after the chorus came this next part, "A mother's purpose is to care, prepare, To nurture and to strengthen all her children."  Once again Zina whipped around searching for me, but she couldn't find me so she just yelled out in hopes I could hear, "MAMA THAT'S WHAT YOU DO."  Yes, we are being well taught by our 3 year old.   


Wilson is having a hard time making the transition into nursery.  He is such a mama's boy.  I have finally weaned him at 20 months which was pretty hard on us both.  He just didn't want to stop and frankly neither did I, but finally it was time.  I really love nursing my kids - it creates a bond like no other that I have a hard time giving up - also because I just want my babies to stay babies and they are just growing up SO fast.  How grateful and humbled I am that I get to be their mother.  It is such a privilege.  

See look how lucky I am - Wilson painted whiskers on his face with my mascara. I'm sure he ate some too.  Little stinker!

3 comments:

Kellen and Erin said...

We can have the same houses as long as we live right next door to each other- we might as well go all out! Becca I have to say that I really do just love reading your thoughts on things-you have such a bright and grateful outlook on life! I love it.

Brian and Emily said...

Becca! I too was touched the first time I heard this inspired song written for the Primary this year! The first time I heard it was when Maddison was humming along and saying a few words here and there. It was then that I decided I wanted to learn it too! So I went to lds.org/primary...etc. and found a way to print off the music. I have been learning it on the piano and I have to say, when that sweet song fills the air in my home, I am in tears! I love the great spirit that it brings because of the truth of every WORD! You are amazing....keep up the great work super Mom!
And No...I haven't had my baby yet, I am preparing myself to go to April 10th, which was my other due date before they changed it according to the ultrasound. Sorry to write a novel.
Love ya!

The Lowry's said...

I love that song. I lead the singing in primary and love my calling. Our kids also belt out the song as they sing and i absolutely love it, even my shy Jaycie does too. That is cute how zina turned around. She does have great parents.