Sunday, March 1, 2009

Wilson Boy

Wilson's 18mths has come and gone.  This week he will be 19 mths and I've been meaning to get a "wilson" post up for a while now.  Here are a few things that we love about Wilson.

1.  He is talking up a storm and understands SO much.  It always amazes me. The other day I asked him what he was doing and he replied, "nuth'n"  It made me smile.  I'll respond to Zina or Mark with something like, "cool" or "sweet" and then I'll hear a little voice beside me parrot back exactly what I just said.  Mark has been talking to the kids in Spanish a lot lately and Wilson's favorite word is "zapatos."  Although now that I think about it, that is his favorite word in english and spanish because Wilson loves his shoes.  He loves that he can get them on and off on his own. 
 
2. We went to the Anthem city park the other day and Wilson spent the majority of the time chucking his shoes around like balls.  And watch out, because boy can he throw.  I've been nailed with an apple, a lemon, shoes, balls, toys etc.  If wilson has it he will throw it (and if it is round, it is inevitably called a ball).  

3.Wilson loves to sing.  He climbs up to the piano and plays and sings his little heart out and I love it.  If we are talking to Grandma on skype he usually ends up singing for her.  His little song sounds a lot like the song on the little mermaid where Ursula is stealing Ariel's voice.  You know, the aaaah aaahhh aaaahha  aaaah.  Got that?

4.One of my favorite things that Wilson does is when he loves someone.  If I am ever hurt (especially if he is the culprit - like an apple to the head) then he immediately comes over and gives me a love (hug) and pats my head or my back and says "soddy" - sorry.

5.There is a family video of Mark when he was two reciting a poem.  By the time he gets to the end of the poem he is laughing hysterically at himself.  It's the cutest thing.  I think Wilson inherited this.  He loves to show off and then either throws his head back and laughs or puts his head in his hands and laughs at himself.  It is really cute and something I hope to catch on video soon!  

6.  One of my favorite things is when my kids get old enough to sit beside me and really enjoy a book.  I love reading books to them because I love them snuggled up to my side all cozy and warm and enjoying a good book.  When it is time to read books Wilson always pulls the blanket right up to his chin and wiggles until he's snuggled right up to me.  

Love this Wilson Boy

1 comment:

Criscell said...

Such a handsome boy! What a sweet post. You're a great mom, Becca.