Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday monday can't trust that day...

Have you ever heard that song from the Mamas and the Papas?  We used to listen to it all the time as kids.


"Every other day, every other day,
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes
You can find me cryin' all of the time."


Ok. So I'm not crying all the time but e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e. else is.
only on Monday.

Let's talk about every other day of the week instead.


oops not that day.

ok. just kidding that day was fun.



Mark's rotations have been wonderful.  His first one, family practice, had him home at 3pm everyday.  Oh it was beautiful.  He is doing pediatrics now which is 9-5 + Tuesday's off.  And we have our weekends back! It has been so so wonderful.  It is so nice to have our Dad back now that his first two years of Med. school are over.  We are going to soak it up in preparation for residency. :) 
This day we went to the splash pad.  The kids love having their dad around. 
And so do I.
It's about time.


This day we played in the backyard sun.
I love the sun.  
Even the 110 degree sun.



A random one of Zina cuddling with Sam. 


And an idea that I got from the ensign.  I love the ensign.  And my kids love scripture stories.  Everyday they pick a picture and beg for me to tell them the story that goes with it.



Every night when I go to bed I review the day.  And if I am feeling not so good about that day it is usually for one reason.  Not spending enough real time with my kids. 
Well this day I had no regrets when I knelt down for those evening prayers.
Just enjoyed them.  



And thank goodness Monday is over.  It was quite the day. 
Today for scripture study I went on LDS.org and searched for a talk on 
perseverance. LOL.  I love my kids.  Even on days when we're all 
crying. :)



1 comment:

Rachel Chick said...

Awesome. I think I need to take some tips from you! You are such a wonderful woman, mother, wife. Even if the only way I communicate with you lately is through our blogs, I still learn a lot from you. Have I ever told you how much I love and adore you? I think you're rad. The End.