Monday, April 20, 2009

Grandma & Uncle Johnny


My mom and little brother Jonathan came to visit us from the 12-23rd.  It was awesome.  Someday I WILL live close to family.  It really means so much to me to have them come and visit and Zina and Wilson adored having them around. 

Before I get into the visit however I am proud to say that Wilson got a haircut!!  It's his 5th or 6th one since he was born, and boy did he need it bad.

Before

After

So my mom really is the greatest.  I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again, and again.  She is always up for trying and learning new things.  After raising her own eight children she started working for the government of Canada as a Parent Coach.  Now she gets to do cool things like become licensed in Infant Massage and go to conferences with Neuro-scientists and learn about infant brain development and teach "coping with toddler behaviour" classes and she is so supportive and helpful when it comes to me trying to be a good mom.   I think I have the greatest role model in the world.  I love you mom, come back soon!

Grandma reading Zina "Little House on the Prairie"
Laughing together in the backyard.

My new haircut.  My mom and I and Wilson all got our haircut together.  I like it, but I did have a bit of a anxiety attack when I realized that a lot of the layers wouldn't fit in a ponytail!  What do I do now?

My mom took these pics of the kids and I think they are so sweet.
Especially this one.

We did some shopping and Grandma bought Zina a cute Easter dress.
Ok so I feel a little sheepish about posting this one.  Zina likes to have Royal tea parties and I am always Snow White and have to wear my white dress to tea.  She loves that I get dressed up too and I have to admit - it's kind of fun wearing my wedding dress again.  I only got to wear it for one day after all!  My Mom always let me and my sister dress up in her wedding dress and so that has always been my plan for my dress - someday Zina will be wearing it to tea instead of me. 


  These last three pictures are when my Mom let Zina & Wilson paint the bathtub with shaving cream.  They LOVED it.  Even Uncle Johnny got involved and then it turned into skating in the bathtub because it was so slippery.  Zina was so excited to tell me about it when we got home and she has been asking to do it again and again.  While they were doing this Mark and I were able to go on a nice date to the temple and to Organ Stop Pizza after.  It was SO nice and we both thought the restaurant was really cool.  We will definitely be going back again.  I wished that we had taken my mom and Johnny because they would have loved it.  They will just have to come back for another visit.

The kids really loved having Johnny to play with.  Zina kept following him around even when he was ready for a break.  It was pretty cute to watch.  He was such a great uncle to play with them so much while I finished off the first three Fablehaven books.  Actually he finished all three too so maybe it was Grandma who did all the playing...
It got up to 100 degrees while they were there so of course we had to make a couple trips to the pool to cool down.  Thanks Criscell and Brenda for making that possible!

Johnny helping Wilson swim/drown.

A group shot!  We never get these since I'm always the one behind the camera.
We hit up the Phoenix Children's Museum.  
The noodle forest was Uncle Johnny's favorite part.
The marketplace is always Zina's favorite part.


We walked around the Historical Square for a while and found some yummy Mexican food to eat.  By the restaurant were some fountains that Zina and Wilson loved.  The picture above is my new favorite pose of Zina's.  :)  That same day we made it to the science center which was really cool, but for some reason I don't have any good pictures from there.  Probably because my mom was the one taking them and she was having to much fun to bother.  



We wore Zina right out.  She fell asleep while coloring at the kitchen table.

We did some shopping at the Anthem outlets and then let the kids play at the Anthem City park.  It has Zina's favorite "castle" playground.

Thanks Grandma and Johnny we LOVED having you here and can't wait to come visit this summer.  

3 comments:

munyer jerk chicken said...

i paid a tribute to your mom just last night. i was having "one of those days" and by evening, Ziya and i were completely bored out of our minds (jacob and the boys were gone most of the day at a track meet) and i was starting to let it get me grumpy. then a little light went off in my head and i stripped ziya down to her diaper and put her on the table with a bunch of shaving cream. maybe i'll post some pictures. anyway... it was lots of fun and it saved our evening. yes... your mom is great. i'm glad you had a fun time during her visit.

Criscell said...

What a FUN time you had with your family!!! You did some awesome things together! I'm so glad you were able to go to Organ Stop Pizza. How was the Science Center? Would young kids like it? I've wondered whether or not to take Caysja. Please tell your mom thanks again so much for doing that infant massage class for us all. I loved it and Crew slept so well afterwards! Your mom and my mom would get along GREAT! I wish they could meet.

Rachel Chick said...

How wonderful! You family seems so great. And Your hair looks BEAUTIFUL! Not that that is ever a problem for you! Your children are adorable!