Thursday, April 23, 2009

A little late.

So Easter at our house was pretty laid back this year - for me anyways.  On Easter Sunday I had to pick my mom and brother up from the airport so Mark was in charge of dinner.  I was pleasantly surprised to find a full-blown Easter dinner waiting for us when we got home.  It was so yummy.  Mashed potatoes and gravy, roast chicken, broccoli and corn, green salad with homemade garlic croutons, deviled eggs, and rolls (ok I had made those the day before).  It was so nice to be able to sit down to such a delicious meal without having to put in the effort to make it!  Thanks for the break honey.  Your the best!
I didn't even make the effort to by Easter Bunny things this year.  I fully intended to I just ran out of time.  The kids still went on two Easter egg hunts - one for play group and one that Midwestern put on.  Zina's favorite part was the coloring/craft room after the hunt.

Look how overcast it is!  They had to have the hunt inside because of the rain.   Wilson finally got to wear his winter clothes for the first and last time.

3 comments:

Brenbren said...

baca baca I was just thinking that I am excited to play with you again. It feels like forever sense we hung out BUT I saw you today and yesterday. I guess it's been awhile sense I have had you ALL TO MYSELF! HA HA

The Lowry's said...

I love the easter Pageant. We went 5 years ago when we went back to visit Jeff's mission, Tempe Arizona. I have always wanted to go back....wanting any visitors?
How fun to have your mom and brother come. I know my kids love grandma/grandpa and all their aunts and uncles. Love them! Makes you realize even further how important family is. We also went to organ stop pizza. Its a fun place. Your looking great by the way and I love Zina's easter dress. So cute.

Criscell said...

I didn't do the Easter Bunny thing this year either...I fully intended to, I just ran out of time as well. Plus, I figure my kids are so little they don't really care. How awesome that Mark made you that wonderful Easter dinner!!