Thursday, April 30, 2009

Milestone Stories



3 1/2
Zina can now drink from the water fountain by herself.  She no longer needs her stool to wash her hands in the bathroom, and tonight I was to tired to tell a bedtime story so she told me one.   It went something like this, "Once there were three bat musketeers.  They fought and cut off all the heads and then turned into princes.  And then there were 5 mermaids.  Their names were Snow White, Aurora, Cinderella, Pocahontas, Anna, and Annabelle.  Then they turned into humans, then they turned into fairies.  But they didn't turn into anything anymore."  There was much more, something about building wood floors and working really hard, but I had Wilson's Baby Tad singing "Twinkle Little Star" in my ear so it was very difficult to hear.  I finally had to tell her to finish her story in the morning because it was time to go to sleep.  The past couple of mornings she has woken up and declared, "Mom, today I'm going to be nice."  Sweet.  I'm thrilled.  The best part is that she has stuck to her guns pretty well.  I have to remind her sometimes but for the most part she has been very sweet to all of us.  Her giggle is infectious and I love to hear it.  

1 1/2
Wilson copies everything she does.  The other day we were out running with the jogging stroller and she was worried that the wind would blow her bow out of her hair (because I was running SO fast right!)  so she had both hands on top of her head to hold it in.  Then I looked over and Wilson and he had both of his hands on his head to.  It made me laugh.  Wilson is also learning to tease!  I think it's so funny.  He has started blaming his toots, fluffs (whatever you want to call it) on ME!  It's so funny.  He'll let out a little toot and then smile and say, "Tootsy Mama."  It makes me laugh every time which is something I probably should NOT do but then I try to put the blame back on him and he just grins and says, "tootsy Mama"  He is a stinker.  Pun intended.  And to top it all off tonight while I was singing them to sleep he started to sing "I love to see the Temple" with me.  Ah, this boy melts my heart every time.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

They are so cute Bec!!!

Criscell said...

Ahhh...what a sweet post. Your kids are darling.

Brownies said...

Your fam is adorable!

As for the answer to the question you left on our blog....We have to TRY TRY TRY! And you almost have to be weird too! Like we try to take treats around on a regular basis. This always weirds people out. They say things like "what are these for?". And if you ever see a neighbor outside stop what you are doing and get out there to say hello and chat. Invite people over for dinner as if you ran a restaraunt!
Even as I do these things I still get frustrated and often feel like people want to be left alone. But when someone is receptive it's the BEST!

Brenbren said...

You are amazing! I love your guts!